What's new

Does changing email address still generate new password? (1 Viewer)

Kevin P

Screenwriter
I know in UBB, if you change your registered email address, a new password is generated and emailed to the new address, for verification. I just changed my email address here and that didn't seem to happen, and I can still post. Does vBulletin not do this?
Just wondering, or did it change my password behind my back and put it in my cookie, so I'll be fine until I try to post from home? ;)
Thanks... KJP

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Kevin:

You can change your email address in vBulletin without having to have a new password generated. You can always change your password by clicking on the "Lost Your Password?" link at the bottom of any forum page and you can reset it from there.

Parker

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Well according to vBulletin support, when you change your e-mail, this is what happens.

If the admin has email verification turned on, the user is sent an email when they change their address. They are put back in the Users Awaiting Email Confirmation group until they reconfirm. If you have email verification turned off, they can change with no consequences.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Well, since I don't have email verification turned on, nor do I plan to in the future, that is a moot point. So as vBulletin is being used on HTF the answer is no you will not get another password emailed to you if you change your email address.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks