What's new

Does anyone else think Face/Off was the best action film ever? (1 Viewer)

Michael Silla

Second Unit
Although Die Hard gets my vote for Top Action flick, Predator is not far behind. Both of those films have memorable one liners in the as well as some of the best action scenes ever put on film.

"Payback time!"

Michael.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Best action movie ever?

Id put Die Hard, Raiders Of The Lost Ark,Lethal Weapon and about 50 others before Face off

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Face/Off is a gilty pleasure of mine, but it can't beat Die Hard. Merry Christmas. :alien:

StephenC

Stunt Coordinator
If you like Woo's gun battles,then check out A Better Tommorrow 2.Incredible action and I think one of Tarantino's films had this playing on a tv(man slices another with a sword across his chest).

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Since you asked, no I don't. :) F/O is a good action flick, but not the best.

JustinS

Agent
Let me preface by saying that I am not trying to thread crap or tick anybody off by saying this, but:

Face/Off is easily one of the very worst big-budget films I have ever had the displeasure of watching. I wouldn't sit through it again for $100. Seriously.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
For me, no one can even touch James Cameron for action movies. My fav is T2, followed by Aliens.

_-

Holadem

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Face/Off is easily one of the very worst big-budget films I have ever had the displeasure of watching. I wouldn't sit through it again for $100. Seriously.
Once again.....
The important thing is that you do enjoy watching it. And that's all that should matter to you. :)
Jon

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Nothing beats the greatness that is Die Hard.
Yippe-kay-ay-mother fucker. :D
Speed is #2 on the best action films of all time list. :) Face/Off is somewhere in the top 15. ;)

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor
Paul beat me to it. Action to me implies modern setting(though not always) and conflict amongst individuals. Adventure implies a quest(to me) in which there is, among other things conflict, amongst individuals or a group of individuals(like Indy against the Nazis).

Michael_UK

Stunt Coordinator
Biggest Hole for me in Face off is that Travolta posing as Archer sleeps with Cages wife, I think Cages wife would be able to tell the smell difference between Travolta and Cage, people smell differently the it is very unlikly that they would smell the same, for me this is a BIG hole.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Michael, if your wife smelled different today, would that prevent you from having sex with her? :D
Seriously: "Hmmm... she smells different.. I wonder if someone else took her shape..." :rolleyes
--
Holadem

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
No. That spot would be held by The Road Warrior if you want straight action or Raiders of the Lost Ark if you want action/adventure.

Face/Off isn't even close to being Woo's best action film, let alone compared to all others. But this is only my opinion. I just think the action is sloppy and poorly depicted for maximum thrills.

Butch C

Second Unit
Action movies have to be set in modern times?

HUH?

F/O stunk it up

Travolta is too puffy to fit into cages face

Adil M

Supporting Actor
You guys do know you have to just swallow some BS w/ a smile in order to enjoy 95% of movies.

YANG

Screenwriter
To me,FACE OFF is the best of the mid 90s.DIEHARD is the best of the late 80s.AIR FORCE ONE is the best of the late 90s.

PREDATOR and ALIENS and T2 belongs to the SCIFI-ACTION category.

RAIDER OF THE LOST ARC belongs to the adventure category.The same applies to MUMMY series.

BEST ACTION?How about HEAT?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks