What's new

Does anybody own these speakers? (1 Viewer)

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I was wondering if anyone owns a set of the RAD(rutledge audio design) Micros. These are the small satelite like speakers. Brian will be letting me audition these. I am looking to upgrade my current speakers. I have 12 inch floorstanders now. I want smaller ones. If you have these what do you think of them. I know I will be buying a set of speakers from him I'm just not sure which ones to go with. From what I have read about him and my experience with his customer service there is no doubt where to buy from. Thanks.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
David,

No one on the forums have bought any from me yet. I've only had a few local customers so far. There are, however, some people that may have built various versions of them using the same drivers. And my buddy, Hank Frankenberg out in Austin, has built a pair but with different drivers. If you want, I can get him to email you or post here with his impressions, but I don't know that you would necessarily consider his impressions impartial. We did collaborate on the design though.

Oh, for something somewhat similar, here's a speaker that is similar in size with a single 3" driver (don't know which driver though) but for waaaay more money. I don't know much about them though.

http://www.roleaudio.com/skiff.html

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Yes, Brian and I designed those. I call mine the BoseBusters. I have built several of them, some with wood veneer, a set with faux granite laminate and a set of my snow leopard fur Lounge Series on page two of this web site:
http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index

David, I think you'll be impressed with the sound quality and dynamics of Brian's Micro's. There are lots of small computer/low end speakers out there, some with full-range drivers and some with cheap mid-woofs and really cheap, shrill tweeters, but Brian and I think we're using the best combo of well-designed and constructed full-range driver in these Micro's. Brian's Micro's have the new driver that we are switching to. Also, knowing Brian, I'm sure he'll give you his Southern gentleman guarantee, like full refund within 10 minutes of purchase. Oh, excuse me, I meant 10 days:D

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys. Those are some serious towers on that page 2 also. I can't wait to hear the micros. They look great. Do they have covers for them?

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
David, sorry I just now noticed your question. I haven't built grills for the ones I've built, but I certainly can and Brian can also. Ask him about it.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I don't but Brian has a spectacular and impeccable reputation for quality and integrity. Something to keep in mind in a world that is sorely lacking in either.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Chu I have heard nothing but good thing about him and his work. I can't wait to hear his speakers. I can tell he has excellent customer service through all the e-mails we sent to each other. I,ll let you know what I decide on I might just get the towers.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Now if he'd only send some Georgia peaches and Vidalia onions to us folks up north with his speakers ;)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Believe it or not, I don't like peaches or onions. So I'm not going to be handling them to send them to folks! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks