What's new

Does a Toshiba 40H80 work with a Pronto? (1 Viewer)

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, but I couldn't find it in the search. Is anyone using a Pronto with their 40H80? I'm specifically interested in whether or not I can switch the inputs and screen modes (Full, Normal, TheaterWide 1,2,3). It's my understanding that a Pronto can do pretty much anything, so it sounds like the limitation would be the 40H80... and if it has the specific discrete codes built in. Is that correct? I'd like to make sure before I go buy the Pronto.

Thanks!

-Jason

Ken,

I did look on there, and unfortunately the results were a bit vague (which is why I was hoping to get some clarification). Under the Discrete Code section it lists on/off codes with the heading "Only for newer models such as H81 & HX81", so I'm not sure if the 40H80 qualifies. In the Component CCF section, they don't have any entries for the 40H80, but some similar models are there. I'm hoping that someone who has both a Pronto and a 40H80 can shed some light on what exactly I could control on the TV.

-Jason

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Older Toshiba sets don't have discrete codes. There are workarounds though.

To do a "discrete" power on, send two power toggles quickly; the TV won't respond to the 2nd toggle when it first powers up if it was off, but if it was on it'll turn off then back on.

To do a "discrete" power off, do two power toggles, a brief delay (2-3 seconds), then another power toggle.

To do "discrete" input selection, start with the "channel up" or "channel down" button to cause the tuner to be selected, then send the appropriate number of input toggles to get to the input you want.

KJP

SHAWN SZILEZY

Stunt Coordinator
Jason,
Go to Remote Central and download my CCF file. It is for a TW40X81 but it will give you an idea of how to set up the screen modes. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks