What's new

Doctor Who on a comeback? (1 Viewer)

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Ok, first off, thanks to a fellow BtVS fan who posted the link in the Buffy thread. (Thanks Iain).
So, go here for the news.
Now, on the the cool stuff. Seems like the Beeb has approached Anthony Stewart Head (formerly Buffy's mentor Giles) as the 9th Doctor when they revive production on the series.
HURRAY! more potential DVD's to buy in the future! Really though, I am glad that they will be getting the good Doctor back online. I miss it, and i hope to hell that PBS pick up the series. Much as I loved Tom Baker's Doctor, I never caught much of the 6-8th Doctors. Granted, the 9th Doctor was only played once, for the Fox pilot that died on air. (Damn Fox for killing the first revival attempt.)
Wait, if Fox still owns broadcast rights for the US, then the new Beeb production can fill the time-slot left by x-files!
Yes! Much as I enjoy PBS, they can't always be counted on for up to date sci-fi drama.
Edit Forgot the dang link in my excitement.
Edit Edit Not only did I forget the link, I forgot to close the tags.

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
Sadly, it's not true. From www.gallifreyone.com:
The rumors are flying... but as usual, media reports have gotten ahead of the truth. Following the interview in the recent Dreamwatch Magazine with David Fury ("Buffy, The Vampire Slayer"), as we reported a few days ago, several online news sources (such as the usually wildly inaccurate Ananova, plus Peoplenews and other sources) are now reporting that Anthony Stewart Head (Giles in "Buffy" and recently a guest star in the Big Finish Doctor Who "Excelis" trilogy) will be a new Doctor in a new series produced next year. Even the Daily Express paper has picked it up (as an 'exclusive')... But it's not true. Producer Dan Freedman ("Death Comes to Time") did visit the Buffy producers, and there was a bit of talk about procedure... but nothing came of it and Freedman has moved to other projects. A quote by Tony Head in the Dreamwatch interview was taken out of context by these news 'sources'. Meanwhile, we continue to get tons of email this morning about it (it's not true, folks) and the official BBC website BBCi even issued a statement about it this morning: "Whilst the Cult team quite like the idea of Tony Head as the Doctor in a show guided by members of America's finest fantasy production team, the BBC aren't currently making any such plans."

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
NOOOOO! It's Not Truuuueee! I'll never join you!

Whoops, wrong refrence. Dang I just knew it was too good to be true. That is I should not have gotten my hopes up.

FOX, bring us Dr. Who!!!!

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Buffy's mentor recently played a part in a Doctor Who audio adventure (audio CD), but he wasn't playing the Doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shronkey234
Recent bookmarks