Doctor Who on a comeback?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lance Nichols, Jul 2, 2002.

1. Lance Nichols

Lance Nichols Supporting Actor

Ok, first off, thanks to a fellow BtVS fan who posted the link in the Buffy thread. (Thanks Iain).
    So, go here for the news.
    Now, on the the cool stuff. Seems like the Beeb has approached Anthony Stewart Head (formerly Buffy's mentor Giles) as the 9th Doctor when they revive production on the series.
    HURRAY! more potential DVD's to buy in the future! Really though, I am glad that they will be getting the good Doctor back online. I miss it, and i hope to hell that PBS pick up the series. Much as I loved Tom Baker's Doctor, I never caught much of the 6-8th Doctors. Granted, the 9th Doctor was only played once, for the Fox pilot that died on air. (Damn Fox for killing the first revival attempt.)
    Wait, if Fox still owns broadcast rights for the US, then the new Beeb production can fill the time-slot left by x-files!
    Yes! Much as I enjoy PBS, they can't always be counted on for up to date sci-fi drama.
    Edit Forgot the dang link in my excitement.
    Edit Edit Not only did I forget the link, I forgot to close the tags.

2. Ryan Spaight

Ryan Spaight Supporting Actor

Sadly, it's not true. From www.gallifreyone.com:

3. Lance Nichols

Lance Nichols Supporting Actor

NOOOOO! It's Not Truuuueee! I'll never join you!

Whoops, wrong refrence. Dang I just knew it was too good to be true. That is I should not have gotten my hopes up.

FOX, bring us Dr. Who!!!!

4. Will_B

Will_B Producer

Buffy's mentor recently played a part in a Doctor Who audio adventure (audio CD), but he wasn't playing the Doctor.