What's new

Do you have a favorite writing instrument? (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member

But what about a 1940 Carcano (the type LHO used in '63)?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Jim_F

Screenwriter
Papermate Profile (slim) - the kind that were sold 15-20 years ago. I've clung to my current one for about 20 years. It's showing it's age but people still remark what a nice pen it is whenever I let someone use it (for a few seconds, with me hovering over their shoulder) If I can make this one last another 5 years and get similar usage from my 2 reserves, I should be set for life
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
David, I was referring to the model year, not the mfg. year, although to be overly technical it's a Model 1891/38 Carcano short rifle in 6.5 x 52 mm caliber. Mine is also mfg. in 1940, and is additionaly stamped with the "Fascist year" XVIII (years after Mussolini's march on Rome in 1922).

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
I have a few fixpencils laying around that I really like using. These are "lead holders" and operate a little differently than a mechanical pencil. The one I have is metal and virtually indestructible.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
uniball grip 0.7. I used to use a different model... micro or something but one time when I tried to get a new box I couldn't find them anywhere.

One job I had required a pencil so I had a really cool mechanical pencil. Everyone complimented me on it and occasionally someone tried to steal it and invariably it would get returned with a "I found your pencil in the lunchroom" or something. :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mechanical pencils are required gear for keeping score at baseball games. But I don't have a particular favorite. I usually use something disposable for that duty.

=================

Heh. There's a google ad at the bottom of this page for "handcrafted writing instruments." :D

Marianne

Supporting Actor

I like the "Uni-ball Signo Gel Grip" - same pen as yours, not retractable.

Also the "Pilot Precise V5" and "Sharpie Retractable"

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
While I much prefer typing to writing anymore, my instrument of choice is a black Paper Mate Flair felt-tip pen:
htf_imgcache_43360.jpeg

A legacy of my years as an office clerk in town government. I get years out of each one and nice dark lines without any bleed-through. And if you buy the dozen, it's averages out to only $1.28 a pop. Mind you, the pen I keep on my desk at home for bills has lasted me since August 2007.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks