What's new

Do I need a sub? (1 Viewer)

Mirko

Agent
I am finishing up my humble ht. Panasonic 42" plasma, jbl L-100 maind, JBL center, Cambridge wall mounted sorrounds.

My question is: The JBL-s go pretty low (I think). Do I need a sub?

I had originally decided on a HSU vtf2 but it's only 10" and I'm wondering whether I'll even notice a difference.

Any thoughts?

Mirko

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Those JBL's do not go sufficently low enough to replicate home theater bass and yes you will notice a difference. Whether you deem the difference worth the extra cost is up to you. Me, I would never have a HT setup without a dedicated sub.

GregAV

Agent
I also thought my JBL's went pretty low (S38 @45Hz), and for music they're great - but for HT adding a sub "will" make a world of difference. If you have a small to medium sized room, I'd recommend the new DLS #300-632 from Parts Express. It's cheap at $125, and will provide you with a taste of what you've been missing from DVD playback.

If after you've dialed in the sub and you find you're an LFE junkie that needs more output than the #300-632 can provide, Parts Express has a 45 day money back guarantee.

I just got my DLS a couple of weeks ago and am quite satisified with the "bang for the buck" ratio.

Have fun,
Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks