Do Energy speakers match well with Denon receivers?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by eryn shannon, Jan 25, 2004.

1. eryn shannon

eryn shannon Stunt Coordinator

I have the oportunity to get a pair of Energy V2.3i speakers and a Denon pma-2000ivr integrated amp for a really good price. I have auditioned the veritas speakers and was verry impresed, I am unsure of the denon amp though, as there are no dealers that carry both products in my area. Is this a good integrated amp, and will it match well with these speakers? Any help is greatly apreciated![​IMG]

2. Mike.K

Mike.K Auditioning

The only thing i can say to this is that I have a pair of Energy C 9's as my mains and my NAD receiver (T763) drives them wonderfully. A friend of mine owns the Energy C 5's and drives them with the denon 2802 and it sounds very very good. Good god, buy the Veritas!! As far as the Denon pma 2000ivr goes, what kind of power does it produce? I'm not familiar with that int amp.

3. JacobK

JacobK Auditioning

I have auditioned some Energy Connonseiur series and the dealer was playing them off of a Denon and they sounded good. I am not sure which Denon it was either the 1803 or the 3803. The system was really impressive. The only thing was it was in a smaller room, I don't know how big your room is.

4. Michael Clayton

I auditioned the XL and Connonseiur series with a Denon 3803, sounded good to me. In fact, I plan on getting a 1604 and a pair of XL-250s.

5. Joe DC

Joe DC Agent

I haven't demo'd the Veritas line but I've currently got the C9's with a Marantz 8200 receiver powering them. The sound I receive is very warm, and I am able to drive the speakers very loud without distorting them. I've demo'd the C7's and C9's with a Denon 2802 and Yamaha 1400, but IMO found the sound to be too bright for my liking. Make sure you are able to listen to a variety of amps to drive the Veritas speakers.