What's new

DLP Projector Resale... Best Value? Where to Sell and what's it worth?? (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Hey everyone,

I have a very high-end Digital Projection iVision HDX projector that I've used for several years (ceiling mounted and in top condition) that remains in as new quality, and I unfortunately need to sell my baby to make some money. It cost close to 10k brand new years ago (early 2006) and it is still a very high end projector even in today's market, yet I have no clue what it's current value would go for? Could anyone help me assess? Also could you please advise the best outlet to sell this as I really need to get a reasonable price for it. I will not be able to afford a new one for some time and it's simply not worth it to me unless I am going to get *at least* several grand for it.

You can read the specs here: http://www.projectorcentral.com/Digital_Projection-iVision_HD-X.htm

What do you think?? How much money could I realistically get for this unit and where should I start to look to sell it? I'm praying it's not as devalued as some of my other hardware as it's still a strong high-end and HD capable projector with great contrast and bright levels. I believe it was the model used for the Canadian TV awards and Grammys (I was told something like this from an insider) for projection of all clips and stuff several years ago.

I would truly appreciate any help!!!

Thanks very much!

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Unfortunately, what you paid for it means NOTHING. What you have is a 720p DLP projector with 4000:1 contrast, DVI input(instead of HDMI). Something like that today, BRAND NEW, is $700. YES, that's correct, $700. SORRY. A brand new 1080p DLP today is $900. Your best bet is probably Ebay or Craigslist.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The past year I've sold all my old gear as I did a whole-house upgrade: 36" Sony WEGA HDTV, an Onkyo 5.1 receiver, some cheap speakers, a Tivo, and an older Mac Pro. I'm a new, but now somewhat competent, used-kit seller :)

My experience has been to search completed listings in eBay and see what the same or similar hardware sold for. If you're an infrequent eBay seller, you'll likely get the bottom of the price range. Also search CraigsList and see what similar gear is listed at. You won't know what it sold for, but it gives a sense of what people start at for price haggling.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks