What's new

DIY Shiva Instructions. Help please (1 Viewer)

Jeff Sch.

Stunt Coordinator
Im thinking of taking up a project and building my own Subwoofer and Huge Speakers. Ive looked at some sites but none really show whatto do.
Can anyone help me out and link me to a place that shows materials and stepby step instructions on how to make a sick subwoofer?
Im looking for up to date instructions which were prolly tweaked since the originals. Also how much will it cost in materials?

David Judah

Screenwriter
You would probably get more responses in the DIY part of this Forum. There are links available there of DIY sub & speaker projects. Also, at Adire Audio's website are application notes with three different alignments for their Shiva and Tempest drivers, including plans, depending on your performance goals.

Good Luck,

DJ

Jeff Sch.

Stunt Coordinator
I mean is itworth it and how hardisit for a newb todo this. Im excellant at building things and my friendhas tons of tools so. Im just trying to find a good step by step instuctions on how to build one of these powerful fu's.

Id rather not spend $600 for an svs when i could build something awesome for a fraction of the cost

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
My customers have felt it was worth it. If you can build a box then you can build a sub. These instructions are probably as good as you're going to get without having to pay for them.

If you have any specific questions about the process then just step over to the DIY forum and post there. You should be plenty of answers.

Jeff Sch.

Stunt Coordinator
Which application would you choose. Also, i just need to follw the directions in the app and im good to go?

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
That depends on what you are shooting for. If it's max SPL for HT then I would go with the 95L ported design. Yes, just follow the directions and you should be fine.

Jeff Sch.

Stunt Coordinator
95L???
I see 4 different applications
no 95l.

I want this for HT and music occasionally. I just wnt this thing to hit hard and blow people offthere seats and rumble the whole house :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks