What's new

Pre-Order Disney's The Jungle Book (1967) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71j9UkZNtqL._SY679_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I'd be interested to see how many other original special feastures will be dropped this time around. I am happy with the last edition, but for the fact that the image on all DVD's and Blu itinerations of this film have looked soft compared to most other animated features. If this edition sharpens up the edges by returning to the OCN, while not smothering it with DNR, I might even consider buying it again...for, like, the fifth time!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I would guess this is probably going to be pretty close to the preexisting Diamond Edition release. They're even using essentially the same image of the characters, minus all the gold background.

The Jungle Book Diamond Edition.jpg
I do like the artwork better with the green jungle background across the entire case, but I doubt very much they are going to do anything different with the presentation. So I'll probably be fine with my current copy. This seems like a courtesy to those who didn't get the previous edition rather than something where Disney is going to make changes. The older version is out of print, so now the movie will be available again. That's it.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Has Disney actually issued a press release for this title yet?

I still think it's going to be pretty close to the previous release, but I would be interested to know what is on it anyway.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Has Disney actually issued a press release for this title yet?

I still think it's going to be pretty close to the previous release, but I would be interested to know what is on it anyway.
Why would Disney issue a press release for a re-release if it's not derived from a new scan or have new extras?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Why would Disney issue a press release for a re-release if it's not derived from a new scan or have new extras?
Because the last release was all the way back in 2014 and there might be some minor change to the extras. Often, the animated classic reissues at least throw something small on there to incentivize repurchasing. As I said before, I expect it to be close to the original release but that doesn't mean it will necessarily be identical. II'm not expecting anything Earth-shattering but it would still be nice to know if they've added something (or subtracted something, which they also often do.)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Because the last release was all the way back in 2014 and there might be some minor change to the extras. Often, the animated classic reissues at least throw something small on there to incentivize repurchasing. As I said before, I expect it to be close to the original release but that doesn't mean it will necessarily be identical. II'm not expecting anything Earth-shattering but it would still be nice to know if they've added something (or subtracted something, which they also often do.)
Well, we're talking about Disney in 2022, so don't hold your breath.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It probably doesn't reflect well on me, but I'd upgrade if there was a 4k release of The Jungle Book.
Why wouldn't that reflect well on you? I'm not set up for 4K but I certainly would get it The Jungle Book that way if I could play it.

Unfortunately, this continues Disney's standard release pattern. The oldest animated classic that has received a 4K disc release is The Little Mermaid (1989), which is still a more modern title. They seem to have drawn a dividing line in the sand that says that Walt-era films do not get 4K disc releases.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Why wouldn't that reflect well on you? I'm not set up for 4K but I certainly would get it The Jungle Book that way if I could play it.

Unfortunately, this continues Disney's standard release pattern. The oldest animated classic that has received a 4K disc release is The Little Mermaid (1989), which is still a more modern title. They seem to have drawn a dividing line in the sand that says that Walt-era films do not get 4K disc releases.

You would of thought that with the up coming 85th anniversary of Snow White that she would be given the 4K treatment, but Disney may be keeping that for the 90th in 2027.

Last edited:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
You would of thought that with the up coming 85th anniversary of Snow White that she would be given the 4K treatment, but Disney may be keeping that for the 90th in 2037.

Not to split hairs, but the 90th anniversary of the movie would be 2027. The 85th is 2022...100 would be 2028...

Or did I do my math wrong?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Like I said, it doesn't matter...just confused the dickens out of me for a minute.

I wouldn't be shocked is a 4k digital copy of Jungle Book made it's way to market. I'm basing that strictly off of Black Cauldron getting the upgrade a year or so ago. I know Disney+ had the 4k transfer for that film, but I prefer to live in hope.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
You would of thought that with the up coming 85th anniversary of Snow White that she would be given the 4K treatment, but Disney may be keeping that for the 90th in 2027.
Not if they have made the decision that they feel Walt-era films will not sell on 4K. I'm not saying I agree with this statement, but I think based on their release practices that is what they are showing us. That's the message they send when they release modern animation on 4K but reissue Walt films on 1080p Blu-ray only.

There is also the upcoming live-action remake of Snow White which will be directed by Marc Webb starring Rachel Ziegler and Gal Gadot. So if they were looking for a tie-in, it would probably be that. But I don't think they want a tie-in. I think they just don't want to release older title son 4K.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks