What's new

Disney's Runaway Brain - Where??? (1 Viewer)

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
runaway brain

for years i wanted to see this academy award nominated short but so far i had no luck. as far as i know there is no vhs, laserdisc or dvd that contains this. does anyone know if there is any hope for me?

Jo_C

Second Unit
There is hope, my friend.

If you were lucky enough to get the "Mickey Mouse In Living Color, Vol. 2" DVD Box set, you would have found it. It's on Disc Two of the collection. It's not the best Mickey short ever made, but it is fun to watch.

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
...and years before that DVD set RB was included in a Mickey Mouse collection released on laserdisc (in Japan) and as far as I can remember even on VHS - I think it was available in my country.

Hartwig Hanser

Second Unit
Be careful though not to buy the German Code 2 Mickey Mouse set. It contains almost everything from the US Treasure set, for a much lower price, but the Runaway Brain short is missing.

ChrisPearson

Second Unit
And be warned that the sound on this short is slightly out of synch on the recent R1 DVD. It's not too distracting, but might be a problem for some.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
It was appallingly out of sync. I couldn't believe they would put out a disc with such an obvious and major problem.

Or perhaps I'm just sensitive to audio sync.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
It was appallingly out of sync. I couldn't believe they would put out a disc with such an obvious and major problem.

Or perhaps I'm just sensitive to audio sync.

Some reviewers couldn't spot it, but it is there -- especially when Brain-Transplanted-Pete says "Mickey", and his wouth doesn't widen to say "key" until after you hear the word on the soundtrack. You won't really notice it with the sound f/x like crashes and booms and lightning and music, you'll only really spot it with extremely specific things like dialogue. The audio is running about a half second ahead of the animation. It is a slight error, extremely annoying for animation fuss-budgets and propellor heads like me, but not something severe enough to spoil the short for mass audiences, who may not even spot it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks