What's new

DISNEY's Haunted Mansion! (1 Viewer)

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
The preview looks great!

More movies? The only ride I can think of that isn't based on a movie is the Matterhorn.

Jan

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member

Well, they could do movies of lots of their rides, although who knows if they'd be any good. :)

Space Mountain
Big Thunder Railroad
The Jungle Cruise
The Enchanted Tiki Room
Alien Encounter
It's A Small World

etc.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Hey, they could make a movie about the Splash Mountain characters. :rolleyes

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
You know Disney is out of Ideas when they are basing movies on themerides.

I wont see this and Eddie Murphy being in it dissuades me even more.

Lets see they have done the Tea Cup movie or the Matterhorn movie. Theres always Space Mountain too.

Disney needs to look at Pixar and see you can make a good movie not based on an old fairey tale or ride.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Actually Mad Tea Cups is from Alice in Wonderland, and The Matterhorn basically came out concurrently with The Third Man on the Mountain.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Basing movies on comic books (X-Men), fantasy (Lord of the Rings), history (Catch Me If You Can), etc., isn't original either. It's all about how it's done, and Disney proved that movies based on theme rides can work with POTC.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
could be re-written:

You know (Insert Studio) is out of ideas when they are basing movies on comic books.

or

You know (Insert Studio) is out of ideas when they are basing movies on tv shows.

or

You know (Insert Studio) is out of ideas when they are basing movies on movies that have already been made.

Why not make a movie out of a park ride. Hell, they've been doing it the other way around for years. I, for one, am excited to see what kind of back-story they come up with for Haunted Mansion. Plus, I have loved Pirates of the Caribbean since I was a kid. How fun to see the movie and see parts of the ride I love in it.

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
The basic idea behind making a movie based on just about anything...book, comic book, song, ride, video game, whatever...is that the movie is already pre-promoted by the original thing. The movie benefits from all of the original thing's exposures to the public.

So, the content doesn't matter as much as a reasonable person might think. All that matters is, "Is it in the public consciousness?"

Jan

Mary M S

Screenwriter
I’ll attend hoping it’s as good as POTC. Why be bothered over the origins for any film, as long as it’s well-crafted entertainment.

BUT.

If they base one on: "It's A Small World” and I have to hear that song one more time I’ll shoot myself. :)

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Hey, they could make a movie about the Splash Mountain characters.
Funny.

Personally, I am looking forward to the Pirates movie being released here, but not the Haunted Mansion. From what I hear, its one of those "workoholic father learns value of family through experience in haunted house" stories. And it has Eddie Murphy, the very definition of a "why is he still famous" celebrity.

Personally, I'm just annoyed because I have not been on the genuine Haunted Mansion ride. Back in 1988 when I went there at the age of 10, the Mansion was closed for Halloween decorations. When I was there last December, the ride was open but it was he Haunted Mansion Holiday with all the Nightmare Before Christmas characters. Much as I love Nightmare and enjoyed the ride, I still feel I haven't really been on the ride.

And, if there are any Haunted Mansion fans out there who haven't seen the Doom Buggies site, it's well worth looking at. All the information you could ever want about the Haunted Mansion ride.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Yes, while I more than likely will go to see this, I will be cautious at first to see if Eddie can pull this off.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Actually looks better than I thought it would. Might make for a DVD purchase.

I liked the 3 hitch-hiking ghosts. Wonder if they'll put in the hidden Mickey from the ball-room dance scene that's in the ride.

Peace Out~:D

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
The basic idea behind making a movie based on just about anything...book, comic book, song, ride, video game, whatever...is that the movie is already pre-promoted by the original thing. The movie benefits from all of the original thing's exposures to the public.

Well this formula didn't work for Country Bears!

P.S. They could do a movie based on the Dumbo ride. Oh? They already have? sorry!

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
The dearth of ideas! Next, someone will make a musical based on Romeo & Juliet and then someone will try to make a movie out of some second-rate play like Everyone Comes To Rick's, and then someone will take a Beatles song like Yellow Submarine and make it into a film, and someone will even try to make an animated version of some old fairy tale like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Movies have always relied as much on existing source material as original screenplays, and the quality of the movie has a lot more to do with how well that material is turned into a film than anything else. The original inspiration is irrelevant.

JohnE

Supporting Actor
If they can make all their ride movies as fun as PoTC, I say, bring 'em on! I doubt I will enjoy this as much though, for some reason.

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
The film design looks nice... but beyond that it looks like crap. I stay away from anything with Eddie Murphy (besides Shreck) these days. I'm so sick of his schtick! It was great to see his "funny" lines in the trailer get no laughs here in Seattle.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks