What's new

UHD Review A Few Words About A few words about...™ - Disney's Haunted Mansion -- in 4k UHD (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
We knew it had to occur eventually.

Motion pictures have long been based upon literature, plays and original screenplays, but recently we've seen films based upon toys and video games.

Finally, a film based upon a theme park attraction - Disney's Haunted Mansion.

And appropriately, it has arrived in high style, in enormously collectible Steelbook packaging that not only exhibits the textures of the film, but does so with the obverse heavily embossed in the finest of steel.

The image is beautifully rendered in a gorgeous cobalt blue - a skull in top hat, and a number of spirits surrounding it.

Magnificent!

The reverse, carrying on the cobalt blue is the sphere, as seen in the film.

Best to acquire a copy while it's still in its first pressing, or deal with eBay and re-sellers.

Dolby Atmos creates a huge sound field.

Image – 5 (HDR)

Audio – 5 (Dolby Atmos)

Pass / Fail – Pass

Plays nicely with projectors - Yes

Makes use of and works well in 4k - 6

Worth your attention - 1

Slipcover rating - 9

RAH

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I'm glad this was finally made. I've been waiting forever to go on the actual attraction ride, but did not want to be confused and left in the dark as to the backstory. Now I can finally go and get the full experience, and get all the in jokes.

Richard Kaufman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Kaufman
I've ridden The Haunted Mansion numerous times at the three Disney parks which have versions of it. I love it. But I can't imagine any reason to watch this film, which follows a truly terrible film on the same subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks