What's new

DISNEY's Haunted Mansion! (1 Viewer)

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
I think this one might surprise for two major reasons. Family movies have the tendency to make lots and lots of money, not to mention that there are so many people out there that will go see any movie by Disney, regardless of what it is.

The second is that this movie is loaded with lots of SFX and some pretty good art direction. I'd be interested in seeing it just for that. Not to mention that Haunted Mansion is probably one of my favorite disney rides.

I'll more than likely be checking this one out, though I'm really curious to see how it does.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
As a family movie I'm sure it will do fine. But Eddie is in this, has he made a good movie since coming to America and the first Klump?

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
Depends on who you ask, I suppose.

I have to agree that I'm a bigger fan of Murphy's older work, but I have a feeling that we're going to get a little more of the old Murphy back.

A lot of people, however, really liked Daddy Day Care...and who could forget Shrek...thought he was really funny in that. Looking forward to Shrek 2 actually.

Should be good, wondering how it'll open this week.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Come to think of it, why doesn't someone make a movie based on the Atari 2600 "Haunted House?"
:laugh: Now, that would be more interesting to me than this film.

I saw the preview when I took my son to see Brother Bear.. I couldn't tell if it was really trying to be scary or funny... and the parts I did see weren't much of either.

As far as Disney basing films on theme park rides: I don't for it... if it's done well. In fact.. I would like to see Hollywood in general be more creative in choosing their content.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Murphy occasionally pops up with a surprise winner. I, too, find him tedious for the most part, but I thought he was borderline brilliant in BOWFINGER. Maybe he'll surprise us in this one...?

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
The critics have really been slamming this one, so I'm curious too what actual moviegoers think.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I saw it last night, and enjoyed it. It wasn't a huge blockbuster type of enjoyment, but a got my money's worth enjoyment.

Having been to Disneyland and Walt Disney World all my life, it was alot of fun spotting the ride influences, and there are a ton (as opposed to POTC).

Murphy is pretty much a one note actor anymore. Too many times during the movie, I was watching Murphy, but hearing "Donkey" in my mind.

The plot is good, the jokes are ok, and the special effects are outstanding.

Again, this isn't the blockbuster feeling that POTC had, but it was overall an enjoyable evening at the movies.

douglas-b

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Douglas Berry
I liked the movie but I think I would have enjoyed it more had I waited to rent it. I thought that for being a Disney movie the special effects might scare small children instead of entertaining them.

Ron Etaylor

Second Unit
I'm like Randy. Enjoyed the references (visual and audio) to the attraction, but the general storyline and acting didn't do much for me. For those who have never done the attraction, try to catch it sometime. It is BRILLIANT.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Ok, I just saw this last night at a local mall non-mega (read: small) theater. The first few minutes seemed a li'l goofy ala too much Eddie, then the story seemed to get better. I concur that some of the scenes WERE a li'l scary for small children and perhaps intense. In fact, they never turned the house lights down to off all the way, I even asked about this too, they were dimmed but not all the way off...why I have no clue? The effects were great and the lead role ghost and butler were very good actors, IMHO. I did find it strange that some mild curse words were allowed. Overall, I thought it was a good night out but this movie is not as good as Pirates but that was a hard act to follow, IMHO. I did not find the closing music score appropriate for the films end, why do we need a rap song after every movie now? I expect I will buy this when it comes out on dvd..perhaps.

FWIW: just curious why this thread never made "Official...thread" status, not much interest?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks