What's new

DishNetwork looks great, but only mono audio (1 Viewer)

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
I had Dish installed today, and I must say the picture looks much better than my old analog cable. The audio, however, is another story. I'm only getting a mono track (through my center channel). The installer was, of course, of no help in re-setting my system. The first thing I did after he left was to get rid of a nasty ground loop hum he created in my sub.

My set up: I'm running from the dish outside to the Dish receiver, then RCA R/L audio out to my VCR R/L audio ins. S-Video out from Dish receiver to S-video in on my VCR. RCA R/L audio out from VCR to R/L audio inputs assigned to Video 3 on my pre/pro. S-video out from VCR to S-video in on pre/pro.

I should note that VCR is playing movies back fine in Dolby surround. My goal was to have TV set to channel 3, so I could record with the VCR when the pre-pro is powered.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

PomingF

Second Unit
Have you try connecting the L/R audio outs from the Dish receiver straight to the pre/pro's video 3 L/R inputs and see if you still only has mono sound. My Dish 5000 receiver (alomst 5 yrs old) is setup this way & think I've been able to get stereo & even DPL sound. You can also try the F-coaxial out of the Dish receiver to the VCR for recording (I think mine is setup that way to the VCR & TV for direct viewing when set @ channel 3 without using my receiver).

PF

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
Looks like my VCR is the culprit. When I run the R/L audio out from the Dish receiver directly to my pre/pro, I get stereo sound. Hmmm. It could be bad input-output plugs on my S-VHS VCR, since the rear of my VCR also seems to be the source of an occasional ground loop.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks