What's new

discoloration on toshiba 50h82 (1 Viewer)

My Toshiba 50H82 of about a month has discoloration on the left and more prominently on the right side of the screen. The right edge has a reddish tint. When the screen is black I see a brownish color to both sides. I had another 50H82 earlier that I exchanged for this one, which had the same discoloration. I moved my speakers away from the tv last night and it still has the problem. Does anybody know what the cause of this could be.
One other thing that I was curious about is that when the tv is off, I can see sort of a white spot that seems to be coming from behind the screen. Is this the mirror or something else inside that I shouldn't worry about?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Ken Custodio

Second Unit
I had the same problem with the reddish tint around the sides of the tv near the frame. Gregg Loewen came and ISF calibrated my 50h82 today and presto, he got rid of that in less than a minute. It was just a setting in the service menu that was set too high (red voltage) in the factory.

BTW, Gregg did a great job calibrating my TV, as many HTF'ers have already posted before. He was also very informative and went over exactly what he was doing and what it does. The picture looks incredible now, I highly recommend having him calibrate your set.

Ed Swank

Auditioning
Ken, good to hear. I have the same set, but not the problem described above. Gregg visits me tomorrow. I'm hoping he can make a drastic improvement. As it stands now, I wish I hadn't bought the set. My 32" Sony is soooo much nicer to look at. Guess I'll know tomorrow.

AllanY

Auditioning
Oh no.. I have put down deposit for 50H82 and will be deliver to my home 2 weeks from now. Is this discoloration a bug?? should I hold it off?? Thanks.

Ken Custodio

Second Unit
AllanY: I don't think it was a bug, just a setting was set wrong at the factory. Other Toshiba 50H82 owners don't have the red around the edge just a couple of set, from what I have seen on this message board.

Jason: You might wanna ask Gregg Loewen (an admin on this message forum), I don't remember what it was called.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks