What's new

Digital Projector for Presentations (1 Viewer)

GrahamJW

Stunt Coordinator
Hi:

I am looking for a portable digital projector used for presentations (PowerPoint, spreadsheets, etc) for an office. It will likely be hauled around to meetings, so portability is important. I don't know a lot about these projectors, so I thought I would ask the gurus about suggestions. I would like to stay under $8000 and be able to do at least SXGA and possibly 16:9 aspect ratio (or both 4:3 and 16:9). Any suggestions about brands and models would be great.

Thanks in advance....cheers..John

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
SXGA? I would think XGA @ 1024x768 would be good enough for business presentations of which there are a great many projectors from which to choose.

Aaron Gilbert

Second Unit
You'll need to narrow down your criteria a bit. A quick search on Projector Central brings up 39 16:9 projectors under $8000. Unfortunately, there's no such thing as a SXGA (4:3) or WSXGA (16:9) at $8000 or less, and only a handful even under $20000. I would question how important that extra 200 or so lines resolution really is, considering the low price and much greater abundance of XGA machines (199 of them under $8000).

Since this will be a portable machine in various rooms, I would suggest adding the lens shift feature to your criteria. This will allow you to reposition the image both horizontally and vertically without moving the projector and without introducing distortion to the image. This will narrow the field down considerably. I hear good things about the Sharp and Epson units, though they are by no means the only game in town. Head over to Projector Central and start reading reviews!

http://www.projectorcentral.com

Aaron Gilbert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks