What's new

Digital out on TV to receiver not working? (1 Viewer)

Steve Carlo

Stunt Coordinator
I have a digital audio out on my tv (Mitsu WS55111 - Platinum). The manual says that I can take this out to my receiver (Marantz 7200) to enjoy surround sound e.g. VCR goes to TV and TV pipes out the sound back to the receiver (avoiding multiple cable splitters) and into one of the digital coax inputs (of which there are 3 + 3 optical).

I've set it up and cannot get any sound! I've checked out the TV and receiver menus and either all the coax inputs are dead or the TV doesn't know to send out the audio signal...Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Hugo

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Steve, the only way you can output sound through the digital output of your TV is to connect the video/audio source to the Ant-DTV or IEEE1394 (firewire). If you're trying to connect to input 1,2,3,4, etc or component 1,2,3 or ant-a or ant-b, then you will get no sound from your digital sound output. What input is your source connected to?

Steve Carlo

Stunt Coordinator
Currently I have my cable going to the cable box, output form the cable box has a splitter so the audio goes to the receiver and to the TV. Video goes directly to the composite (non-progressive) inputs on the TV. The VCR is hooked up from the cable TV box using coax and using composite connectors to the TV. So I guess unless I can hook the cable into the ant-dtv I'm out of luck? I should check in the manual!

Hugo

Stunt Coordinator
That's correct Steve. But why would you want to connect the digital output of the TV to your receiver, if you can connect it directly from the source?

Steve Carlo

Stunt Coordinator
Because I was under the mistaken assumption that I could connect my VCR etc., to the TV first and then back to the receiver using the single digital cable. Thus getting rid of all of my splits due to lack of outputs on some of my equipment and in general simplifying things.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks