What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (5 Viewers)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
That's assuming Vudu will automatically upgrade what is in your library, which is not always the case.
Can you provide examples of when a film that was redeemed in MA with a 4K code didn’t upgrade on vudu when it became available?

I notice films being upgraded on vudu all the time.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Can you provide examples of when a film that was redeemed in MA with a 4K code didn’t upgrade on vudu when it became available?

I notice films being upgraded on vudu all the time.
I had this issue with Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2, but that pre-dates MA. I contacted Vudu support and they were completely unhelpful, as usual. I still only have the HDX version of that film in my Vudu library.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Why do Roku owners only rely on Vudu when they can also have MA which does have this specific movie in 4K?
Keep in mind that not all studios participate in Movies Anywhere, and no TV series content is supported by MA.

As I said, I have become a significant customer of streaming digital content, but the offerings still have some issues. Movies Anywhere has helped, but until it supports all content and all the major service providers are available across all streaming hardware there will be issues.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I had this issue with Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2, but that pre-dates MA. I contacted Vudu support and they were completely unhelpful, as usual. I still only have the HDX version of that film in my Vudu library.
Me too. But as you said it predates MA. Since MA I have had no issues with films upgrading to 4K on vudu if they are available.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
And Sam owns an Apple TV by the way. I would understand his frustration more if he didn’t. No offense Sam. ;)

Because Sam cares about the whole ecosystem and consumer frustrations with its stupidities. Not just what HE has access too. That you guys keep making excuses and apologies for terrible corporate laziness drives him nuts.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Because Sam cares about the whole ecosystem and consumer frustrations with its stupidities. Not just what HE has access too. That you guys keep making excuses and apologies for terrible corporate laziness drives him nuts.
HA. So it drives you nuts that it doesn’t drive us nuts. I’m not making excuses for anything as I’m quite content with all these free services. Sorry you’re so frustrated. ;)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Right. Free.
I don’t have an issue with the Ecosystem the problem I see is the different companies that have chosen not to participate.

Warners come on.

So maybe I’m agreeing with Sam?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
HA. So it drives you nuts that it doesn’t drive us nuts. I’m not making excuses for anything as I’m quite content with all these free services. Sorry you’re so frustrated. ;)

Not all the content in my digital library was "free" -- assuming by free, you mean acquired through digital codes that came with disc purchases. I paid for some of my content via direct purchases with one of the streaming service providers -- usually either iTunes or Vudu. And not all of that content gets shared between providers via MA -- including none of the TV series I have purchased.

I do like using streaming as a supplement to disc purchases, as it does provide several benefits for me. However, that doesn't mean it doesn't have flaws and cannot be improved. There are things I like about streaming, and there are things that frustrate me at times.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Right. Free.
I don’t have an issue with the Ecosystem the problem I see is the different companies that have chosen not to participate.

Warners come on.

So maybe I’m agreeing with Sam?
Warners participates.

Paramount and MGM are two that don’t.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Free as in MA which linked all these services and has greatly improved my iTunes library.

Sure I want Paramount, MGM and others to join and want all 4K films to be available equally among all the services but I have zero complaints right now.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yeah. MGM was what I meant.
The apps/services are free.

I think Lionsgate is a big offender in this.
I accidentally redeemed a movie on MA that is a 4K movie and I should have done it at FandangoNow.
The Movie did not transfer over to FN in 4K so I emailed them and asked for a new code and they re fused saying that a 4 K code was never guaranteed. Basically sorry for your luck.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Plus there is no FandangoNow app on ITunes so if I want to watch those movies I have to actually put the disc in. The Horror.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Plus there is no FandangoNow app on ITunes so if I want to watch those movies I have to actually put the disc in. The Horror.

Do you mean there isn't a FandangoNow app on the Apple TV? There is one on iOS, and in a pinch you can stream from it to your Apple TV...

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Me too. But as you said it predates MA. Since MA I have had no issues with films upgrading to 4K on vudu if they are available.
I did a quick scan of my Vudu library, and also found Rise of the Planet of the Apes is only HDX in my library but is available in UHD. I claimed all three of the “trilogy” films codes from the 3 film UHD/4K disc set at the same time via MA. War and Dawn are UHD in my library.

I have not checked all my library yet, so there could be others.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I did a quick scan of my Vudu library, and also found Rise of the Planet of the Apes is only HDX in my library but is available in UHD. I claimed all three of the “trilogy” films codes from the 3 film UHD/4K disc set at the same time via MA. War and Dawn are UHD in my library.

I have not checked all my library yet, so there could be others.
There are others, trust me as I've had several such titles not become UHD when they should have been like Deadpool.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
While it doesn’t matter to me because I’m not a Hunger Games fan, but weren’t all four films available in 4K on iTunes before? The first film is now only available in HD. What happened?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks