What's new

Digital Coax Producing Stereo Only Output (1 Viewer)

KnyghtMare

Auditioning
Real Name
John
I have an HDMI device attached to my TV. The device is outputting 5.1 surround sound over the HDMI output.
The TV, in turn, is connected to my receiver through the digital coax output/input ports using the video (yellow) connectors on standard RCA cables.
The receiver is only decoding a 2.1 signal (2 channels plus SW). Is this due to the cable being used or the TV only outputting a 2.1 ch audio signal?

KnyghtMare

Auditioning
Real Name
John
mccambley said:
Both HDMI cable to the TV will only produce a stereo signal 2.1 using digital cable or analog. In your case you are using an analog RCA cable that is only capable of a stereo signal. Connect the HDMI cable to the receiver then to the TV. If you can not connect HDMI to the receiver use either a digital coaxial cable or a Toshlink Optical cable from the source to the receiver.
The receiver has no HDMI input and the device only has HDMI and a stereo jack as the available sound outputs. I guess I'm going to need to buy a replacement receiver?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks