What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Die Another Day - R1 Uncut? (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wong

Stunt Coordinator
I have seen the incomplete 'dark' sex scene in Singapore release. It was incomplete because some frames have been trimmed out too. (I wondered what were they doing in the dark...)

So, please back to the question that has never been answered - Does Region 1 DVD contain the sex scene?

This is very important to me. Singapore never allow the DVD to be imported if the theatrical release has been cut. If in the case that Region 1 DVD doesn't have that sex scene, then I might have the chance to get this DVD.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Whatever you think of it, the fact remains that Madonna's theme is the first to be a "hit" since 1986. Most of the rest haven't even charted, let alone come close to the Top 10.

Someone liked it (apparently lots of someones).

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I just wish we'd get that UK cover. I know it's just a cover, but the USA one seriously sucks, IMHO of course...
Darren, if you check Ron's review, you'll find that the boring blue artwork is in fact a slipcover. The R2 artwork you like is underneath on the DVD case itself!;)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Let me get this straight - we poor saps in the UK have got a major movie a month before the USA and it's the American version that's censored, not the Brit?

I've got to confess that I didn't like the movie all that much (having said that I saw it on a tiny hotel TV when I was going down with a bug that eventually hospitalised me, so it could be Pavlovian conditioning at work here), but I think I'll have to buy this disc on principle. :D

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
The BBFC website lists pretty much the same running time for the UK DVD as it does for the (censored) theatrical release (once PAL speedup is factored in, of course). I don't think there's any extra footage in the UK release and if there is it couldn't amount to more than a few seconds, not the two full minutes that was supposedly cut out.

John H Ross

Screenwriter
So... getting back to the point... the R2 disc is uncut, contains an extra 53-minute documentary, and is out now?

Well that's a no-brainer, I'm gonna pick it up TODAY!

It's a bit sucky though... I'm not too happy with PAL speedup, and all of my other Bond discs are R1. However, just as I bought the NTSC laserdisc of Licence To Kill to get the full, uncut version I must now get the R2 DVD of Die Another Day for the same reason.

John

ErichH

Screenwriter
Well, if you feel a need to see Hally's goods you can buy or rent Monsters Ball and get plenty.

As far as Madona - too bad they gave in to that mess.
We all have mute buttons.
e

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks