What's new

Did anyone find Lost In LaMancha hilarious? (1 Viewer)

Michael Boyd

Second Unit
I did not. I actually found it a bit upsetting to see one of my favorite directors encountering these problems and knowing we'll likely never get to see this movie made by him EVER. My friend who went with me completely agreed. Truthfully we've both been pretty bummed about this since reading AICN's article a few years ago on the shutdown of THE MAN WHO KILLED DON QUIXOTE.

So here's the tale. There were 5 people in the first showing at The Magnolia here in Dallas today. This guy in the middle of the theater (he was alone oddly enough) made noises, little comments, stomped his feet, and kicked chairs throughout the picture. What really drove me nuts though was his laughter as the NATO planes did a flyby over the set ruining the sound, the flooding, and Jean Rochefort's health problems.

Think I'm missing the point and being overly sensitive? This wasn't supposed to be a light hearted funny documentary was it?

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
Put aside the other guy's movie watching behavior, I don't think either or your reaction is wrong. The events depicted in Lost In La Mancha are so surreal that some will respond with laughter. This doesn't mean those who laugh are having fun seeing others' in trouble, but that the way he or she deals with the those amazingly ridiculous situations is relief through laughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks