What's new

Details: The Hulk (1 Viewer)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
that is another good question.. if they have both dolby ditial and DTS.. they only extra feature is the commentary.. no text commentary or pop ups.

JACOB

Ryan Wong

Stunt Coordinator
It seems like the scratch design of the DVD menu, not the actual one. Maybe the graphics will be replace by the CG + real life movie photo. Or I would thought these are the menu for Hulk's cartoon DVD and I think it's ugly. :D

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
that is another good question.. if they have both dolby ditial and DTS.. they only extra feature is the commentary.. no text commentary or pop ups.
Not necessarily true, Daredevil has both DD and DTS and a audio commentary and a pop-up commentary too!

TomWoodward

Second Unit
I've been reliably informed that the menus will be animated so I guess they'll be pretty cool. Mind you, that could just mean some of the menus are animated and some are static I guess.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
thank you for finding out.. davisdvd is reporting that the hulk dvd is just one disc? is that true? it could be a dvd 18 or 14 like terminator or terminator 2.. I remember that the hulk tv pilot had stuff on each side.

JACOB

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Hulk was 140min if I remember, so adding DTS to it in addition to all that extra stuff would sacrifice the picture quality. If this is a one disc set, then I would say NO to DTS on it. If Universal goes two disc for this(which they hardly ever do except for their ULTIMATE sets) then I would say DTS is a given.
Me, I hope there is a DTS option on here, and no matter what I pray for the safety of subwoofers everywhere when this movie hits, as the bass in theaters was frightening.

The thing I am wondering is if Ang Lee got his wish and there will be NO full screen version, as he said in interviews he does not want one made for it at all, but seeing as how Universal is, I think there will be.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
if they put the extras on side B or disc 2.. you can still have DTS.

JACOB

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Just speculating, but it doesn't look like there will be DTS. The movie itself is about 140 min. In addition to commentary it looks like they're stuffing deleted scenes, and the featurettes "Hulk Cam: Inside the Rage" and "Superhero Revealed: Anatomy of the Hulk" all on disc one.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
I dont really care if its got DTS...I have never really noticed that big a difference between DTS and DD...I mean AOTC is DD and its probably my premiere demo disc...

Brenton

Screenwriter
Awesome menus! Here's my speculation for them:

There are two ways that I can imagine they'll move. One is to look just like this. It's clips from the film touched up to look like comic-booky drawings. Another is maybe it will start out as just the plain action from the film and then will suddenly FREEZE into this drawn style.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
that would make sense Brenton.
I am sure the bass will rock. I remember watching the movie many times.. and some of the theatres had a great sound system..

JACOB

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
Just speculating, but it doesn't look like there will be DTS. The movie itself is about 140 min. In addition to commentary it looks like they're stuffing deleted scenes, and the featurettes "Hulk Cam: Inside the Rage" and "Superhero Revealed: Anatomy of the Hulk" all on disc one.
A DVD-9 disc would easily fit all that and a DTS track and maintain excellent picture quality.
The UK Region 2 of Enemy At The Gates has the film in full bitrate DTS and 448kbps DD plus well over an hour of extra material all on one disc, and the picture is as good as if not better than the Paramount r1 disc.

Dan Shogren

Stunt Coordinator
Another is maybe it will start out as just the plain action from the film and then will suddenly FREEZE into this drawn style.
This would be crazy awsome, especially if when it freezes, the colors and lines quickly get "Drawn" all over the picture, as if an animator was drawing it at triple speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks