What's new

Dere's been sum MODERATIN' goin' on here... (1 Viewer)

Jim Long

Grip
Man, I thought it was a very select club to be an ex-HTF mod. Now the seats are filling fast!!
:)
Jim

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I see that Patrick Sun is now an adminimoderator. Congrats to him.
If you're a-postin' in evil ways, you better watch your backside. . Link Removed Here comes The Sun, here comes The Sun Link Removed
:D Just joshing ya'. Contrats.
Ron & Parker, explanations of the changes aside, could we get a quick list of the departing and joining adminimoderators? We'll have a better idea of who to engage in the process if there's any issues. If changes aren't complete and you'd like to defer until that time, just say so and we'll hang tight. Thanks,

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Do you know that 'John Thomas' is a euphemism for your, er, 'money maker' this side of the pond? ;)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Yeah. What happened? As in, why are the ex-moderators not moderators anymore
Ya see? when you ask politely, this is what you get: No answer! So I am obloged to do this:]
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED??!!!
Ah, I feel better :D
I hope Rob is still around, he is cool (if only because he worships The Professor* ;) ).
--
Holadem
* Tolkien

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Yeah. What happened? As in, why are the ex-moderators not moderators anymore?
We decided we hated them all, and kicked them out.
Seriously, after a while priorities change. The forum takes a lot of work to moderate, and it is a strictly volunteer position. Ever year or two, some mods decide they no longer have the time to dedicate to the forum-- so they step aside to allow other staff to come onboard and toe the line for a while.
The list of former moderators from the many years of this forum is long and varied...
This time, we just happened to have a group of mods all depart at the same time. Certainly no serious problems or hard feelings, just some people stepped aside to allow new people who could dedicate more time.
The former mods will still be a big part of this forum- I would imagine there are a few of them that you couldn't pay to shut up ;)
-V

Darren Lewis

Supporting Actor
Hey Rob! Glad you're still around. I can always remember your posts back when the Home Computer Forum was going :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Quote:

We decided we hated them all, and kicked them out.

Seriously, after a while priorities change...This time, we just happened to have a group of mods all depart at the same time. Certainly no serious problems or hard feelings, just some people stepped aside to allow new people who could dedicate more time.

That's what I figured had probably happened. Now that the explanation is done, how about that quick list of the departing and joining adminimoderators?
htf_images_smilies_biggrin.gif

Noone? Let's at least see the current list:

Quote:

Username Forums Location
Adam Barratt Home Theater Basics Area New Zealand
Cees Alons Home Theater Basics Area/Regional DVD Area/After Hours Lounge/Polls Area Amsterdam, Netherlands
Dan Brecher Video Game Hardware/Regional DVD Area/Video Game Software In the land of Mordor, where the shadows lie. (england)
Gregg Loewen Hardware For Sale-Trade/Software For Sale-Trade/Display Devices (TV's-Projectors) Video Calibrationist, Based In Maine and Serving Eastern Canada and New England
Jack Briggs Software/TV and HDTV Programming/Polls Area Los Angeles, CA, USA
Jason Whyte Movies/Polls Area In Film Festival Mode: Victoria, BC, Canada
Jay Mitchosky Misc Hardware/Misc. Video and Television Area
Michael Reuben Movies New York City, Center of the Known Universe
Mike Voigt Video Game Hardware/Video Game Software Florida
Neil Joseph Speakers and Subwoofers 43°N 79°W
Parker Clack HTF Help and Feedback/Audio-Video Sources/Hardware Archive/Software Archive/Testing Area/Connections, Accessories and Tweaking/Local Home Theater Forum Meets/Misc. Video and Television Area Missouri
Patrick Sun DIY and Advanced Projects/Coupons and Bargains/TV and HDTV Programming Duluth, GA USA
Philip Hamm Receivers-Separates-Amps/DIY and Advanced Projects Northern Virginia, USA
Robert A Fowkes HT Construction and Interiors/DIY and Advanced Projects New York
Robert Crawford Software/Studio and Manufacturer Feedback/Retail and Wholesale Vendors Feedback/Movies/After Hours Lounge Michigan
Ronald Epstein Software/Studio and Manufacturer Feedback/Retail and Wholesale Vendors Feedback Central New Jersey
Steven Simon Receivers-Separates-Amps/Speakers and Subwoofers/TV and HDTV Programming/Music Area/Misc Hardware Havana, Cuba
Vince Maskeeper Computers and HTPC Area/Home Theater/Basics Area/After Hours Lounge/Music Area Kent, Ohio USA

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks