What's new

Denon's new DVD1600 at crutchfield (1 Viewer)

Charles M

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have info on this new player. It's said to have both decoders on board, as well as DVD Audio w/deinterlacing with 3-2 pulldown detection for progressive playback, but doesn't have use the Pure Progressive interlacer as in the DVD 2800. Looks like a nice player for $499. Tried to look it up on Denon's website, no info. If anyone has some info and a release date,. Please share, I'm going to try to get in touch with customer service to find out. Or maybe it's a mistake by crutchfield.
Charles
------------------

John Cain

Second Unit
Where exactly did you see this player at Crutchfield, I cannot find it there either..
Sounds like a very, very interesting player from your description.
-- John
------------------

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Charles, did you see a Denon DVD-1600 in a Crutchfield print catalog? I couldn't find it on Crutchfield's web site either. The only Denon DVD-Audio player Crutchfield shows on its web site is the DVM-4800 carousel changer for $1200. It is a progressive-scan player. Otherwise, Crutchfield has the Denon DVM-1800 carousel changer for $500(no DVD-Audio and not progressive scan), the DVD-2800 for $800, and the DVD-800 for $300 (no DVD-Audio and not progressive scan).
Frankly, I've never heard anything about a Denon DVD-1600. I guess it would make for Denon to come out with a new single-disc DVD-Audio player, as I believe the DVD-3300 has been discontinued. I always thought the '3300 should have offered progressive-scan output given the high price, so maybe the '1600, if it is actually released, will fit the bill.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
It is in the new catalog, I just received my copy last week. It does sound like a pretty nice player.
-Dean-
patriot.gif

------------------
My HT Equipment
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Dean, thanks for the info. I'll be looking for the catalog. It will be interesting to read all the carryings on about the progressive-scan capability of this player (e.g., chroma bug or no, how it compares to the Panasonic DVD-RP91, etc.).
------------------
My:

Charles M

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry Keith, was away for a while. Yes in the catalog, I should have mentioned that in my initial post. Has anyone else seen this also?
------------------

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Charles and Dean, ironically, the new Crutchfield catalog was in my mailbox this evening. I saw the Denon DVD-1600 tucked away in the Denon feature at the back of the catalog. Crutchfield doesn't say too much about the '1600. Maybe they will put it up on their web site soon. On paper, a progressive-scan player with DVD-Audio from Denon for $500 looks like a good deal. It looks like competition for the Panasonic DVD-RP91.
By the way, did you notice that Crutchfield has the Panasonic DVD-RP61 in the catalog? Word going around is that Panasonic cancelled production of this player. Interestingly, Crutchfield does not show the 'RP91 in the catalog.
------------------
My:

Charles M

Stunt Coordinator
Good point. Many new products were announced, but now have been cancelled for what ever reasons. This sounds like nice unit, many would agree by the looks of it. We will have to wait to see if it will be available. Maybe in October we will see things start to shape up.
Here's a question. I have the AVR1700 no DTS. I've been looking to upgrade to DTS for a while. Was going to upgrade my receiver, but now I might wait. I'm now thinking to get this player(if available) for now. It would be cheaper at $499. Or maybe Sony's new NS500 palyer. I could wait until next summer and get the 4802 at a discounted close out price. I then would have a new DVD player, DTS, DVD-Audio(SACD on the Sony), and Progressive(Sony without) all in one. With all the upgrades such as Pro-Logic2, DTS 96/24, and others has made this headache for me. What do you guys think? Any suggestions?
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks