What's new

Denon with Klipsch?? (1 Viewer)

skip marr

Stunt Coordinator
I have seen and listended to the new Denon 3805. I would like to ask if anyone has matched a Denon AV with Klipsch speakers, and your opinion. Better yet, anhyone have the 3805 with Kilpsch and care to cooment?

Years ago I had HK with Klipsch and it was a good match. I switched to Yamaha and the result was linear and bright to me. Today I am hesitant from what I read over at the HK forum on their line, though I am still considering Yamaha as many say they have improved their audio.

Thanks for anyone's feedbacck.

Oren Paul

Stunt Coordinator
Six weeks ago I went from a Pioneer Elite VSX-05 to a Yahama RXV-1400 and am very pleased. I have Cornwalls (I am the orginial owner) in front, a RC-7 in the center, a pair of RS-7 surrounds, and a pair of KG5.5's in the rear in a 12 X 34 X 9 room. The inprovement over my aging Elite was even better than I expected. That said I have to believe any of todays top receivers from Pioneer Elite, Denon, Yahama, HK etc will improve over the mid-fi electronics of just a few years ago.

RobWil

Supporting Actor
Denon and Klipsch, in most peoples subjective terms, would be a warm/bright combination which should probably work pretty well. :emoji_thumbsup:
Although depending on how much you want to spend on speakers there may be better choices other than Klipsch.

CurtisC

Second Unit
Denon is just about the best avr match you'll find for Klipsch,imo.The Denons are in NO way bright,Yamaha and HK were both too bright for 7's,imo.The 3802/03/05 are the best avr match I could find.And yes,if money is no object there are better speakers than Klipsch.

Octavio

Stunt Coordinator
I have Denon AVR-3805 matched with Klipsch Reference Speakers RF-35 (two), RC-35 and RS-35 (three) plus a Paradigm PW-2200 Subwoofer.

Combination sounds really well, although bass is over emphasized when listening to music CDs in direct mode (2 channel).

What speakers would sound better than Klipsch Reference with Denon AVR-3805 for a budget of $2,000 to 3,000?

Octavio

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks