What's new

Denon DVD 2800mkII problems (1 Viewer)

ErikHansen

Auditioning
Hi, I recently bought a Denon DVD 2800 mkII and I was very impressed at first.
I used to own a Pioneer 717 so the fact that I could watch a movie without any visible layer-change impressed me.
However after a few days the first problems started showing up. Movies would freeze for several seconds (nowhere near the layerchange) before continuing or the audio would drop out for a split second.
After a few weeks of this I returned the unix and got another one.
It played wonderfully for a week or so but now the same problems are beginning to show up on this unit aswell.

Has anybody had similar experiences or am I just very unlucky?

Noel_D

Auditioning
I have this problem as well. I have a Denon DVD 2800, madxe in November 2001. For some movies this seems to affect things more than others. I have owned my DVD player for about 10 months. In the last few months it has gotten worse.

I saw one post say that these DVD players are especially sensitive to any marks on the DVD. I will get a DVD cleaner and see if this helps. Does anyone know if this is a hardware problem?

v/r
Noel Dickover

Edi

Grip
I have a 2800 as well and it is very particular to specific movies. I could not get thru True romance the new version that just came out, yet lord of the rings no prob!!! Denon needs to get there act together. I have sent them emails and no response. I am thinking we should all combine our efforts and make a stink.. These are not 100 dollar DVD players!!!!!!:angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks