Denon DVD 2800mkII problems

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ErikHansen, Oct 6, 2002.

1. ErikHansen

ErikHansen Auditioning

Hi, I recently bought a Denon DVD 2800 mkII and I was very impressed at first.
    I used to own a Pioneer 717 so the fact that I could watch a movie without any visible layer-change impressed me.
    However after a few days the first problems started showing up. Movies would freeze for several seconds (nowhere near the layerchange) before continuing or the audio would drop out for a split second.
    After a few weeks of this I returned the unix and got another one.
    It played wonderfully for a week or so but now the same problems are beginning to show up on this unit aswell.

Has anybody had similar experiences or am I just very unlucky?

2. Noel_D

Noel_D Auditioning

I have this problem as well. I have a Denon DVD 2800, madxe in November 2001. For some movies this seems to affect things more than others. I have owned my DVD player for about 10 months. In the last few months it has gotten worse.

I saw one post say that these DVD players are especially sensitive to any marks on the DVD. I will get a DVD cleaner and see if this helps. Does anyone know if this is a hardware problem?

v/r
    Noel Dickover

3. Edi

Edi Extra

I have a 2800 as well and it is very particular to specific movies. I could not get thru True romance the new version that just came out, yet lord of the rings no prob!!! Denon needs to get there act together. I have sent them emails and no response. I am thinking we should all combine our efforts and make a stink.. These are not 100 dollar DVD players!!!!!![​IMG]