What's new

Denon DVD 1600 & DVD+R (1 Viewer)

SeanA

Second Unit
I am considering purchasing an HP DVD re-writeable drive for my computer. It works with DVD+R and DVD+RW discs only, so I am curious if my Denon DVD 1600 will play the DVD+R discs ??? The manual for the DVD 1600 says it will play DVD-R discs, but no mention of DVD+R. Anyone have experience with the DVD 1600 and DVD+R ?

Mike Capulli

Stunt Coordinator
I would look into buying a combo drive. This way you dont have to worry about any incompatabilities. I have a DVR-104 by Pioneer (DVD-R/RW only) and the new DVD-R discs I use (Ritek) are compatabe with all the players I've tested them on. Normally Sony, and RCA Proscans are very picky about discs but these new DVD-Rs work great! Plus DVD-R is somewhat cheaper than DVD+R. You can get a 50 pack for 40 bucks online. www.meritline.com

hope this helps.

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
Yes the Denon DVD-1600 will actually read all 4 formats (DVD-R,-RW,+R,+RW) according to users who have tested it. You do need to be careful with authoring software and media quality.

SeanA

Second Unit
Thanks Gentleman,

I may keep looking and check the combo drives as Mike suggests. I was just pleasantly surprised to see that I could purchase the HP DVD 300i drive for $130 new and less than $100 as a refurbished unit. Last time I had looked at DVD writeabale drives, I think they were still well over $200.

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
I bought a brand new Optorite 4xDVD+-RW drive for only $119, it works great! There is no reason to buy a non-combo drive now, the prices have come way down.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks