What's new

Denon and Pronto (1 Viewer)

Dave Nibeck

Stunt Coordinator
I recently acquired a Denon 4802. It did not come with a remote (which operates most of its functions). In lieu of spending $450 for Denon's remote, I would like to go the Pronto route.

Anyone know if the Pronto is pre-programmed for this receiver?

Roger Kaufmann

Stunt Coordinator
Dave,
I can't answer your question directly however I can tell you the Pronto will control the 4802. The real power of the Pronto isn't in it's built in database but in the programmng software (ProntoEdit) where you can customize the look and feel of the remote so it fits your needs. There is much more information on www.remotecentral.com one thing I would do is download the review of the Pronto and also the FAQ, both are highly informational.
The files created from programing the Pronto are called CCF files, one of the advantages of the above site is people can upload their CCF's so others can take advantage of them and shorten their programming time. I did located at least one 4802 CCF, the link is:
http://www.remotecentral.com/files/c...-receiver2.htm
To see what it looks like you need to download ProntoEdit, also from RC and then download the 4802 CCF file.
Cheers,
Roger Kaufmann

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
The pronto is a great match for the Denon's. Denon's receivers since the 3200 series all use many discrete codes so you have a lot of control over its opperations. Like the previous poster said the real power with pronto's is custom setup's not simply using the built in interface.

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
I just finish programing the pronto to control the 4802 last weekend. If you need help with programing checkout remotecentral.com or PM me. I picked up the pronto tu2000 for $225 from ecost.com.

BTW. Really nice receiver.

ShanonS

Stunt Coordinator
I have the 3801 and Pronto. I know many of the discrete codes are not preprogrammed, but you can learn any of the codes, or download them from remotecentral. It's taken a couple of tries to get it to correctly learn some codes, but man am I glad I got the Pronto.

Dave Nibeck

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the quick responses.

I did check remotecentral, that's what convinced me to try to steer clear from the Atkis remote. The only 4802 ccf file I could locate was for Atkis.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks