What's new

Denon 7200wa bass lacking (1 Viewer)

D rock

Auditioning
Real Name
Derrek
Just replaced a Denon 4520 with a 7200wa. I have been having a real hard time getting the bass dialed in. Vocals are a little clearer on the 7200wa but the bass is much better on the 4520. I reran audyessy and even initialized and started over. I have been taking out various eq settings but just can't explain the lack of bass. I am wondering if I got a lemon or should have gone with the 6400 instead?? I could down load the audyessy app and tweak the bass more etc....
Has anyone else had issue with the bass on the 7200wa???

As a side note I did not take any sweeps or measurements... just using my ears....
I put the 4520 back in just to test and the bass is definitely better...

Would the 6400 be better for me???

D rock

Auditioning
Real Name
Derrek
I ran audyessy again with mic from my 4520. Results are the same. I am just not getting the bass response I am wanting. When I plug in my old 4520.... the bass is just more visceral..... but in a subtle way. The dialogue on the 7200 is very nice... but bass is just off. I think I am going to the 6400 unless Ethan has any thoughts on this..???

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I ran audyessy again with mic from my 4520. Results are the same. I am just not getting the bass response I am wanting. When I plug in my old 4520.... the bass is just more visceral..... but in a subtle way. The dialogue on the 7200 is very nice... but bass is just off. I think I am going to the 6400 unless Ethan has any thoughts on this..???
You're using the wrong mic. Use the mic that came with the 7200.

If that doesn't do it, manually dial up the bass setting in the 7200 after running Audyssey. Also make sure your LFE crossover is set to 80Hz or 120Hz in the 7200.

zukaka

Auditioning
Real Name
Zurab Kereselidze
I have Denon AVR-X7200WA and after I ran Audyssey room correction bass reduced significantly and overall sound had much less impact. So I turned off Audyssey and it sounds great. You know Audyssey may not work for everybody. A raw output that this receiver gives is so good and powerful. I don't even have a subwoofer but front tower speakers output deep and powerful bass during movies and Dolby Atmos demo videos.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The Audyssey application can sometimes set the bass lower than some people care for. With my Denon X3300W, I ended up boosting the LFE channel by +2db after running the room correction app. It's a simple change to make, and leaves the rest of the Audyssey settings intact.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
You can go in and manually change your eq settings and ether boost the LFE+2db or just turn up your sub if you you have a volume nob on it. Also check and make sure your sub is crossed over at 80Hz. Are referring to the lack of sub bass or the lack of bass in your left and right speakers and or lack of bass coming from all speakers in general? Changing eq settings will give each speaker more bass but you can ether boost the volume for the sub in the receiver or at the sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks