What's new

Denon 2802 Digital Coaxial Hookup (1 Viewer)

Modena

Stunt Coordinator
I am helping a friend setup his home theatre system. He has a Scientific Atlanta HDTV box. I am running the digital audio out to the digital in on the back of the receiver. When it is connected, I can't get any sound to work. Is there a specific input mode on the receiver to recognize the signal? I went through all of the inputs, but they don't have a coax mode. I also have the optical hookup to the DVD in opt. 1 and it works great. I also have the regular analog outputs from the box going into the TV input on the receiver and we can get sound from there just fine as well, in both stereo and pro logic modes. How does the digital coax work and any ideas for the problem? I've tried having just the digital coax. hooked up, and as it is both the digital and analaog are hooked up. Here is a link of the back of the receiver.
http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/pho...rear%2Ejpg&c=2

Henry_W

Stunt Coordinator
The 3802 (I think it matches the 2802) has an assignment portion of the system setup that lets you assign digital inputs to the source. This is regardless of whether it is optical or coax. Since the unit ships with some pre assignments, you might try there - it should be listed in the main setup menu (sorry - not near receiver or manual right now).

BTW - you can have both analogue and digital connections for a specific source and tell your reciever which input to use - I believe this can be done from the remote with the input button. When you exit the source it retains the last input selection. I found that having both connections is extremely valuable when you use analogue out for recording or wirless speakers, etc (analogue out is unaffected by input selection for playback from reciever).

2 cents - hope it is helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks