Demons/Demons 2 dvd bundle - 16:9 with Argento commentary?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Sean Patrick, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Sean Patrick

Sean Patrick Supporting Actor

I always thought this anchor bay 2-pack was just a rehashing of the old nonanmorphic dvd's with Bava's commentary - but all advertisements (and ebay auctions) indicate they're 16:9 with ARGENTO commentary - is this true?

and if so, so the Tenebre / Phenomenon 2packs also feature 16:9 tranfers??

thanks

2. Chris Xolotl

Chris Xolotl Second Unit

Off the top of my head, these are just repackaging of the single discs in a double case.

If Tenebre was 16:9, the whole world would be on top of it.

Anyways, Anchor Bay says they are widescreen 1:66.1 NOT Anamorphic and have 2 - 5 x 7 postcards in the Demon package.

If it's anamorphic, Anchor Bay usually puts "Enhanced for 16 x 9 TV's on the package".

3. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell
    The Demons 2-pack has non-anamorphic 1.66:1 transfers and commentary tracks by Lamberto Bava, Sergio Stivaletti, and Loris Curci; Mr. Argento isn't on either commentary. All 3 Argento 2-packs are just repackagings of the single discs; anything that was non-anamorphic before is still non-anamorphic in the 2-pack.
    DJ

4. Kenny Goldin

Kenny Goldin Second Unit

Anyone know if this and the other Argento 2-packs will come back into circulation at some point? DVDempire and Amazon are all sold out of them...[​IMG]

5. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

All the Argento two-packs were Limited Editions. Anchor Bay only produced 5000 copies of each of the three two-packs (Inferno/Phenomena, Demons/Demons 2, and Tenebre/Deep Red).
    Each disc in the two-packs is the same as currently available.
    Rumors are speculating that Blue Underground now has the rights to the Argento titles and will be releasing new editions of each of his AB films in the foreseeable future. This will including giving all the films anamorphic transfers (no word on if Inferno and Deep Red will include the same anamorphic transfers).
    Damn Blue Underground. ::shakes fist::
    At least I got each two-pack for $20 at 800.com back in the day, so I don't mind. [​IMG]