What's new

Ubrella Entertainments Retro Sci-Fi Double Feature Blu-rays: Your thoughts on 2 movies on one disc? (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Thanks for the head up on the Jungle Jim 3 volume set. I to enjoy those films and have a few of the Columbia MOD titles. I’ve ordered the three volumes and looking forward to it.

Wasn't there a JJ t.v. episode or movie in which stock footage from a crumby dinosaur movie was edited in? I seem to recall that from childhood and, cheesy as it probably was, and I being an unmitigated dino fan, I loved it!

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
Has anyone been able to compare the Arrow box to any of the Umbrella releases like the Giant claw /werewolf disc ? I'm hoping I made the right choice as I only wanted those 2 movies . For a lot of the other sci-fi double features I have them from Shout or Kino . I do love the "Incredible shrinking man" cover on the umbrella with the cat then that horrid criterion cover . But I'm sure the Criterion has better PQ over Umbrella .... ?

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Wasn't there a JJ t.v. episode or movie in which stock footage from a crumby dinosaur movie was edited in? I seem to recall that from childhood and, cheesy as it probably was, and I being an unmitigated dino fan, I loved it!
You are correct, it's in the episode where hunters capture a pair of "missing Links" really more like Cat people but in the journey to where thy lived was a blast of Diino from some another stock footage source. Withthe 3 vol you have all the JJ and how it gets rebranded as Johny Weissmuller and JJ is dropped. They did a great job of restoration and all on dvds...I would have wanted BD sets, but you can't have it all!!

Attachments

• 81W0wM31yLL._SL1418_.jpg
    81W0wM31yLL._SL1418_.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 81y2r70zmTL._SL1418_.jpg
    81y2r70zmTL._SL1418_.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 81WHioHQuYL._SL1403_.jpg
    81WHioHQuYL._SL1403_.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks