What's new

Dell Inspiron vs. Latitude (1 Viewer)

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Is there a difference in build quality between these two models? Is seems that Latitude is pushed more for corporate users, but I can't tell if that means they are more rugged.

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
It would think the Inspiration is of better build just from the pictures I have seen. It's also heavey.

However..The Inspiration gives you more choices of higher quality components, therefor you get a better performing machine.

A 64 meg ATI graphics chip is available currently.

Randy_T

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Inspiron 8100 with a 15'SXGA display and dvd rom drive. It's a great laptop. Haven't had any problems at all.It is heavy,and the 15'display drains the batteries quickly (2 1/2 to 3 hours), but I really like having a larger display.

Randy T

SamC

Agent
There is one major difference.

Inspiron is a "Desktop Replacement" which means it has all the features of a PC like both a floppy & cd/DVD and often a bigger screen, but this also means it is quite a bit heavier.

Lattitude is a "Maximum Mobility" notebook. Much lighter, at the expense of convenience and power.

Really depends on what you need it for as to the best option. Both are of the same quality in terms of components and build.

I had an Inspiron (a coulpe of years ago) and it was great for me, but it was quite big.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks