What's new

Deletion of previous internet word searches (1 Viewer)

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
You know when you start to type in a word for a search such as Google, right below that box pops up the previous word searches you used starting with same letter? Is there a way to erase those previous words? Please help me if you know. Thanks.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I assume you're using IE 5 or 6. Starting at the main menu, go through these buttons to clear your forms' history.

Tools->Internet Options...->Content->Auto Complete...->Clear Forms

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
well, he must have been lookin for:

portable dvd players
playmate ice coolers
x-ray film

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Yeah, I have the same problem. "Hey Zen, can I use your laptop for a sec?" "Sure......WAIT!! NO!!!" Gosh darn big butt babe searches

How do you disable the auto completing that occurs in the address bar? I start to type in something innocent like bluemountain.com and I get(shows) all kinds of naughty places I've been.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
zen, it's almost the same as described by DaveF above.
when in autocomplete simply uncheck "use auto complete" for web addresses.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
IE is great for this because all you have to do is use your arrow keys to highlight the word and press the Delete key to get rid of it.

I mispell things a lot when going fast through forms and I end up paying for it whenever it asks for my name. I wanna type in S for Scott but "Scot" is also there and the first choice listed.

In Mozilla Firefox you have to clear the WHOLE damn thing which is an annoyance. And that Google Toolbar, I still haven't figured out how to clear that even though it says I did in the Options menu. Hmm Opera keeps sounding better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks