What's new

Definitive ProMonitor 100 vs BP6 vs BP8 vs Center (1 Viewer)

Kevin N

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking at making one last big purchase in the way of speakers before I go back to school full time. I currently have the standard ProCinema 100 set, except with a ProCenter C2.
My question is, what single upgrade out of BP6 towers, BP8 towers, or a new center channel would give me the most benefit? I'm trying to keep cost down, so I'm also especially interested in how big the difference is between the BP8's and the BP6's. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks. :D

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
The BP8s have midbasses that feature cast baskets. This will get a bit more accurate midrange because stamped steel baskets have a tendency to "ring" if poorly-implemented. The drivers also have fairly deep bass for drivers that are only 5.25". You get about an extra 10 Hz of extension over the stamped-frame drivers used in the BP6. Definitive tends to fudge their bass ratings - a LOT. The cast-basket 5.25" midbass was made in two versions. One extended down to 54 Hz, and the other extended doen to 50 Hz. The stamped-frame 5.25" midbass only extended down to about 62 Hz. These numbers are based on measurements made by Parts Express when they acquired a large quantity of Definitive drivers as a factory buyout. I am not sure whether or not the enclosure can extract bass response belw the driver's own rolloff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks