What's new

def. tech wiring recommendations (1 Viewer)

Ken Smith

Stunt Coordinator
I have a small hiss coming from all 7 Def. Tech.'s. I have to put my ear up to them to hear it though. The people at Def. Tech. say this is normal. I don't have any hiss coming from the amps. They also stay cool. They don't make the #1505 anymore. I'm not sure about the #1502. They should have a 2 channel amp though. That's why I said if I had to do it over again, I would buy a 7 channel amp for my 7 speakers and save on the shelf space.
My pre-pro is a Lexicon MC-1. They don't make this anymore either, but it can be picked up used for $1500-$1800. It doesn't have hookups for Dvd-Audio or SACD though. It's replacement the MC-8 does though. This costs from $4500-$6000.
Ken

ericanthonE

Stunt Coordinator
oh yes, putting your ears up to them to hear them is obviously going to happen.

I'm talking about an audible hiss that overcomes the listening experience when the volume is at relatively low levels. It is ANNOYING.

I had an NAD T773 that did this, but i took it back because it ANNOYED me.

They said that it was normal, but i didn't think so. From what your saying about your hiss, i would have in just 2 channel mode(which is i believe to be normal)

But in the advanced stereo or matrix 7.1 mode, it was MUCH more apparent, and only happened when being fed a signal. Happened in all modes, stereo, CD, etc. The receiver popped between tracks, and it was picking up a local radio station in my BPX surrounds?

Yeah, it was NOT doing my def. tech's justice in my opinion. I would really love to do an anthem pre/pro and rotel separates. But i am just drained at my speakers right now. I am just a young 23 year old kid! SO i would have to go with something a little more modest until i get out of medical school. Also, it gives me something to look forward to.

I overbought for the speakers, because i figured that they would be something that i could keep for a while and they would be absolutely worth it, WHICH THEY ARE

lexicon is just COMPLETELY out of my price range until after school. I'm SURE that your listening experience nears peak audio BLISS! WOW

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks