What's new

DDD Sale *TODAY ONLY* 10-25-05 $5.99 Buy 2 Get 1 Free (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wanted to post this with an updated title for those folks who aren't following what's going on in THIS THREAD.

DeepDiscountDVD is having a sale of 450 titles which they have been selling for $8.97. They say, TODAY ONLY (10-25-2005), those titles are going for $5.99.

That comes out to just $4 a disc for anyone who wants to plug some holes in their collection!

The Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale continues until 10-31-2005.

HERE'S a direct link to DDD if you'd rather proceed directly there.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
This sucks. I just added a ton of movies to my cart. When I looked at the cart, it had some items listed as a quantity of 3 or 4...with many movies missing. To top it off, most titles were listed as "This item is currently not in stock and will ship as soon as it is available." and " This item is not currently in stock and will be placed on backorder."

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

That's the link. The Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale lasts until 10/30. The $5.99 price on the titles is supposed to be 10/25 only.

Kyle: don't know what happened to your order...but when I went back to place a second order, I ended up with a duplicate order. In other words, my second order got put through twice! I am still trying to straighten that out with their customer service.

DDD's CS is VERY friendly...but I don't know HOW that could have happened! They will either try to stop one of the orders...or end up sending them both and I'll have to return one. I guess this is why I stick with shopping at B&Ms.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Well last night/yesterday their site was absolutely getting hammered.

As of RIGHT NOW 10AM EST on 10/26/05 they are all still $5.99.

Many titles are OOS but you can still order them. Still a TREMENDOUS deal IMO.

Greg

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's true that you have to be careful in how you navigate the DDD website, becausing going back and forth between pages can result in the quantities of certain title quanitities incremented. The safest way is to find the title you want, and do a right-click "open in new window" and then add the title to your shopping cart that way, rather than clicking the boxes on the main sales pages because those clicks don't get flushed after you add them to your cart, and by going back to peruse the listings, it can increment the quantities in the shopping cart.

I figure that DDD has to be taking it on the chin on shipping partial shipment for the titles that are out of stock, but I went ahead and ordered them, and I limited myself to under $100 for this sale, since at $4/DVD, it's almost like renting the DVDs, and then getting to keep them for $1 more each.

BTW, the prices are now back to $8.97 each for the "Buy 2 get 1 free" deal.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Yeah, I noticed that myself when I was ordering, that going to the next page would automatically add the checked items into the cart. Fixed it before completing my order. I was thinking about buying some DVDs, but this sealed it for me and picked up about 6.

Jason

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

Well one of the (few) annoying things about DDD is that when they split a shipment, the second part usually goes out media mail. Since they don't have (so far as I can tell) an option to force multiple items into one shipment, this makes pre-ordering from them problematic.

But I ordered nine movies from them for $36 yesterday, so I'm not going to complain about how long it takes for them to get here.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Patrick: Does it really cost $3 to rent DVDs near your? Maybe I'm just outta touch cuz I haven't rented in so long. But I thought most of the places around me, Hollywood Video and Blockbuster were closer to $5 now per rental.

This is important, you see, because its one of my strategies when my wife starts complaining about why I feel the need to own so many titles... "You see dear, at this price, its about the same as if I rented it twice..." :D

I ended up with a total of nine from the sale...plus The Battle of Britain! :emoji_thumbsup:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think Blockbuster is around $3.79/rental normally, I forget what Hollywood Video's rental rate is because I normally only rent if I have their $1/rental coupons.

Since I picked up 24 DVDs during this sale, I wonder how many partial shipments I will end up receiving. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Will it matter? You'll be able to stumble bleary-eyed to your door to bring them all in while you sit there and screen film after film after film after film after film.... :D

Cory H.

Stunt Coordinator

Not sure if the rental prices vary market to market, but in the Midwest, Hollywood Video is $3.99 for New Releases w/ a $1 early return credit, and catalog titles are $2.49.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
rental prices are exacly like walmart.
vary by competition.

i work at bbv and we change the price deepending on the
hdvideo near us.

it is 3.99+ and 7.99+ for games right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks