What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Dawn of the Dead 2004 Coverart and unofficial details (1 Viewer)

MikeEckman

Screenwriter

I agree 100%. After the atrocity of remakes like The Time Machine and Planet of the Apes I went into this movie almost terrified at how bad it could have been put together. At first when I saw the zombies could run, I was mad at first, but as the movie went along, I saw that it added to the film and worked in its own way. From the cameo by Ken Foree (Peter from the original) to the references to "When theres no more room in hell...the dead will walk the earth", to the overall feeling of the movie, I absolutely loved this movie.

I cannot wait for a DVD release. Whether it has an extra 20, 5, or no minutes, I will buy it!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I don't know about the rest of you guys but I'm getting pretty anxious about the official announcement (read: impatient). I saw DOTD a total of 6 times in the theater and right now I'm having withdrawal :D.

The second run theater nearby just closed last week so my hopes of seeing DOTD again have to wait until July now.

At least we've still got the original to tide us over.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
I was very wary of this movie being remade. SO many remakes turn out shit. I am a HUGE George Romero fan and was afraid this one would be butchered.....

After seeing it I was so impressed. I actually thought it was better than the original. I am really looking forward to seeing this one again and can't wait to get the dvd.

As for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre... I thought it was good. Not as good as the original, but still good. I would have totally cast a different lead female, but I thought the rest of the cast was good.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

While I also felt that Cabin Fever wore it's parody/homage a little to in your face "Hey! look at me! I've seen horror-in-the-woods films too! And now I will beat you over the head with pop-horror references!" I disagree with you about MAY, IMO that film was incredible, first rate acting, hilarious, creepy and should be a lesson for people who want to make "Horror Homage" films.....subtlety goes a long way.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Been well over three weeks since Universal released the cover art. Wonder what's keeping the announcement?

Maybe they've changed their release plans.

Dan-Voorhees

Auditioning

Right on Mike, also a very cool cameo from FX and Makeup Master Tom Savini (also from the original). I thought this was a great flick. I hope they do the audio right on this DVD, I was loving the audio in the theater.

TCM remake was alright, very dirty and dingy like the first, at least Matthew McConaughey was not in it;)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yes! I've been waiting for info on this disc, I freaking loved this re-make, it's the most fun i've had at the movies so far this year. I really like the 'Andy's Diary' idea, we don't get to see much of him in the film, so that would be sweet.

Bring on that 25 extra minutes as well, although the theatrical cut was already perfect IMO, but if they can expand on it even more without sacrificing the quality of the film, bring it on!

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Wow, ....just WOW. 25 minutes? Is this official yet? I mean it's hard to believe this, but if it's true, I'm ready.

This movie in my opinion was very good, much better than the original. Love the end credits.

Bring on the DVD!

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
Actually, there were three cameos, Tom Savini (Sherriff- "She's a twitcher!"), Ken Foree (Televangelist) and Scott Reiniger "Roger from the original" (The beret wearing General).

Loved this movie, saw it opening night and cannot wait for the DVD.

Adam_R

Second Unit
This movie kicked so much ass, I can't even explain. I will be buying this DVD for sure.

I'm SO glad someone in hollywood finally had the balls to make a REAL horror flick. This is up there with the best of them. 28 Days later was a great movie, but it wasn't like this. You've got to commend this film for taking chances, like the baby being shot.
I mean, that is over the top for a main stream movie. All the tasty head shots were nice too.

All I remember from the theater was how bad my face hurt from the huge smile across it for the whole movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks