What's new

Dawn of the Dead 2004 Coverart and unofficial details (1 Viewer)

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member

details from ign.com:

I'm really looking forward to this, as I LOVED the remake. I'm wondering what 25 minutes they can put back in, word was that Snyder only had to cut out 5 minutes to get his R.

Should be VERY interesting--although I'm wondering if this will include seamless branching so the theatrical version won't be lost.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I'll definitely be picking this up. Hopefully the theatrical cut won't be lost.

The cover-art isn't great, but much better than a bunch of big-ass faces :)

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
This isn't released until August or September in theatres here so I might make a blind purchase based on all the positive things the movie lads around here said.

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
i'm glad to hear they're adding 25 minutes, and not just the 5 minutes of gore cut to get the R.

i liked the film but felt that certain scenes were cut up horribly and made little sense as far as continuity...especially after they go "save the dog".

hopefully that's what the extra 20 minutes is. the film felt way too short.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Well, except the wretched Chainsaw remake. Scott, Justin and yourself are a bunch of complete nutters when it comes to that flick. ;)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
So far, this is my favorite film of the year, and is also one of my new all time favorite films. I saw it four times theatrically, just barely below my Cabin Fever record of five theatrical viewings. A truly amazing remake, and when I first heard the news about the 25 added minutes a few days back, I was happier than a dog in a butcher shop. There's no way I'm not going to pick this up, and I'm extremely happy that its hitting DVD so soon! Nice to see that the cover is pretty similar to the poster, despite the fact that I have said poster framed on my wall.

And the TCM remake is a good film. :p) Definitely not on par with the perfect original though. :D

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Disagree! The Chainsaw remake sucked. Right on Nick! (excusing the fact that you loved May and Cabin Fever UGH!):D

I loved this DOTD remake too.:emoji_thumbsup:

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
I dunno about the original being perfect, but it was miles above the remake (can't say I didn't like it though, sorry!)

As for this flick, I'm excited for the DVD, I loved this remake, but as with TTCM, the original was still better...

Mike

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
The cover looks okay, but I guess it could have been worse. The extra 25 minutes ought to put this movie past the "solidly good" mark into "great" territory. The extra five minutes of gore will help. The original cut of this film had plenty of the red stuff already, but zombie movies need all the gore they can get.

However, what will really help this film will be the added character scenes. They had some interesting characters, but there were too many overall in the mall and not enough of them were well-defined. I also love the idea of the video diary for Andy, the gun-store owner. I really wanted to know more about his character, as opposed to the dumb teenaged girl with the dog.

Jake Johnson

Second Unit
I hate to be the wet blanket here, but something tells me that the cover art will change to somee kind of floating head cover. Something to get Ving Rhames' head on the cover.
15-year-old-girl in store: Hey! Look! Isn't that the black guy that was in Mission Impossible 2?!

Other Girl: Yeah...with TOM!

First Girl: Oh! Tom is soooo hot!

Other Girl: mmhmmm SUCH a hottie.

Both Girls: We must be connected to Tom! Let's buy it!

It will let Universal tap into an audience that was never targeted.

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
Can't wait. Loved the remake almost as much as the original.

The cover works for me, that was the movie poster.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Agree with your thoughts Amy. I thought it was very good, and will definitely buy it, but 20 or so more minutes with the characters could improve it even further.

And I'm with Nick, the Chainsaw remake was terrible. They turned a horror classic into just another slasher movie.

Berk

Stunt Coordinator
I'm happy to hear that additional footage will be included on the release. Hopefully the extra scenes include more character development.

My primary disappointment with the remake was the lack of character development. Aside from the Andy character, I actually can't tell you any of the characters names - and I've seen the film twice!

Aside from that, as a known Dawn of the Dead fanatic, I'm very happy with the remake!

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
Considering how bad it COULD have been, I thought the remake was excellent. I look forward to the DVD, particularly if its the unrated version.

WarrenL

Stunt Coordinator
I wanted this DVD right after coming out of the theater, the first time I saw it. What a great remake, you can't even say Chainsaw Massacre in the same breath with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks