1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn of the Dead 2004 Coverart and unofficial details

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Robert Anthony, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Robert Anthony

Robert Anthony Producer

[​IMG]

details from ign.com:

I'm really looking forward to this, as I LOVED the remake. I'm wondering what 25 minutes they can put back in, word was that Snyder only had to cut out 5 minutes to get his R.

Should be VERY interesting--although I'm wondering if this will include seamless branching so the theatrical version won't be lost.

2. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I'll definitely be picking this up. Hopefully the theatrical cut won't be lost.

The cover-art isn't great, but much better than a bunch of big-ass faces [​IMG]

3. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

This isn't released until August or September in theatres here so I might make a blind purchase based on all the positive things the movie lads around here said.

4. Sean Patrick

Sean Patrick Supporting Actor

i'm glad to hear they're adding 25 minutes, and not just the 5 minutes of gore cut to get the R.

i liked the film but felt that certain scenes were cut up horribly and made little sense as far as continuity...especially after they go "save the dog".

hopefully that's what the extra 20 minutes is. the film felt way too short.

5. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I think you'll like it, Nick. We seem to like the same horror stuff [​IMG]

6. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

Well, except the wretched Chainsaw remake. Scott, Justin and yourself are a bunch of complete nutters when it comes to that flick. [​IMG]

7. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

So far, this is my favorite film of the year, and is also one of my new all time favorite films. I saw it four times theatrically, just barely below my Cabin Fever record of five theatrical viewings. A truly amazing remake, and when I first heard the news about the 25 added minutes a few days back, I was happier than a dog in a butcher shop. There's no way I'm not going to pick this up, and I'm extremely happy that its hitting DVD so soon! Nice to see that the cover is pretty similar to the poster, despite the fact that I have said poster framed on my wall.

And the TCM remake is a good film. :p) Definitely not on par with the perfect original though. [​IMG]

8. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Agreed.

...so there, Nick [​IMG]

9. Tino

Tino Executive Producer
    Supporter

Valentino
    Disagree! The Chainsaw remake sucked. Right on Nick! (excusing the fact that you loved May and Cabin Fever UGH!)[​IMG]

I loved this DOTD remake too.[​IMG]

10. Mike~Sileck

Mike~Sileck Supporting Actor

I dunno about the original being perfect, but it was miles above the remake (can't say I didn't like it though, sorry!)

As for this flick, I'm excited for the DVD, I loved this remake, but as with TTCM, the original was still better...

Mike

11. Amy Mormino

Amy Mormino Supporting Actor

The cover looks okay, but I guess it could have been worse. The extra 25 minutes ought to put this movie past the "solidly good" mark into "great" territory. The extra five minutes of gore will help. The original cut of this film had plenty of the red stuff already, but zombie movies need all the gore they can get.

However, what will really help this film will be the added character scenes. They had some interesting characters, but there were too many overall in the mall and not enough of them were well-defined. I also love the idea of the video diary for Andy, the gun-store owner. I really wanted to know more about his character, as opposed to the dumb teenaged girl with the dog.

12. Jake Johnson

Jake Johnson Second Unit

I hate to be the wet blanket here, but something tells me that the cover art will change to somee kind of floating head cover. Something to get Ving Rhames' head on the cover.
    15-year-old-girl in store: Hey! Look! Isn't that the black guy that was in Mission Impossible 2?!

Other Girl: Yeah...with TOM!

First Girl: Oh! Tom is soooo hot!

Other Girl: mmhmmm SUCH a hottie.

Both Girls: We must be connected to Tom! Let's buy it!

It will let Universal tap into an audience that was never targeted.

13. Jake Johnson

Jake Johnson Second Unit

whoops. Double post. Got all excited thinking aout Tom.

14. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

Anybody know exactly what the missing scenes consisted of..?

15. Shawn_KE

Shawn_KE Screenwriter

Can't wait. Loved the remake almost as much as the original.

The cover works for me, that was the movie poster.

16. Rolando

Rolando Screenwriter

SOLD!

17. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

Agree with your thoughts Amy. I thought it was very good, and will definitely buy it, but 20 or so more minutes with the characters could improve it even further.

And I'm with Nick, the Chainsaw remake was terrible. They turned a horror classic into just another slasher movie.

18. Berk

Berk Stunt Coordinator

I'm happy to hear that additional footage will be included on the release. Hopefully the extra scenes include more character development.

My primary disappointment with the remake was the lack of character development. Aside from the Andy character, I actually can't tell you any of the characters names - and I've seen the film twice!

Aside from that, as a known Dawn of the Dead fanatic, I'm very happy with the remake!

19. Will*B

Will*B Supporting Actor

Will
    Considering how bad it COULD have been, I thought the remake was excellent. I look forward to the DVD, particularly if its the unrated version.

20. WarrenL

WarrenL Stunt Coordinator

I wanted this DVD right after coming out of the theater, the first time I saw it. What a great remake, you can't even say Chainsaw Massacre in the same breath with this.