What's new

David Cronenberg's Shivers coming to Blu-ray in September 2020 (1 Viewer)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
For some reason I thought this was already released on Blu-ray in North America but I guess not.

shivers vestron.jpg

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Arrow released it in the UK a number of years back. I never got it but as recall there was some kind of controversy about the color scheme. Croneberg supervised it but fans were accusing him of revisonism. IN the US it was called "They Came From Within". I remember seeing it on a double bill once with "The Hills Have Eyes." Afterwards, I had a fairly sleepless night. Strange they would be releasing it here under its British title. Also surprised Criterion didn't pick it up.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Arrow released it in the UK a number of years back. I never got it but as recall there was some kind of controversy about the color scheme. Croneberg supervised it but fans were accusing him of revisonism. IN the US it was called "They Came From Within". I remember seeing it on a double bill once with "The Hills Have Eyes." Afterwards, I had a fairly sleepless night. Strange they would be releasing it here under its British title. Also surprised Criterion didn't pick it up.
It's not the British title - Shivers is the original Canadian title. The US distributor didn't like it and renamed it for its 1976 American release, but since then it's become better known by its original title.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
It's not the British title - Shivers is the original Canadian title. The US distributor didn't like it and renamed it for its 1976 American release, but since then it's become better known by its original title.
The last time I saw it at Film Forum in NYC, it was still titled and advertsied as "They Came From Within", which I prefer. But maybe, as Fred Astaire sings to Rita Hayworth in "You Were Never Lovelier", I'm old fashioned.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
The last time I saw it at Film Forum in NYC, it was still titled and advertsied as "They Came From Within", which I prefer. But maybe, as Fred Astaire sings to Rita Hayworth in "You Were Never Lovelier", I'm old fashioned.
Cronenberg prefers They Came From Within.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks