1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Davey & Goliath Mountain Dew commercial

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnS, Feb 20, 2002.

1. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Did anybody else see this?
    It wasn't original voices or newley created clay animation, but it sure was funny

2. Keith Paynter

Keith Paynter Screenwriter

I don't know, Davey...

Seems odd to have the characters of a religious program (even in animated form) pushing commercial products. Doesn't that seem self-defeating? Art Clokey's other famous duo, Gumby and Pokey would work better...

Now, Alf, on the other hand, I can have fun with. He's back - and not in Pog form(!)

Hmm...my spider senses are telling me that I can expect to have contributed to a closed thread...

3. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I was shocked to see this one. I used to watch this show as a kid, somewhat unaware of it's religious background. It was funny from a nostalgic perspective to see the characters in a significantly different situation. I'm still amazed they got clearance. Money will buy a lot of things...

4. David Paymer

David Paymer Stunt Coordinator

David Paymer
    I saw the advert, it was pretty funny. I fondly remember watching the duo as a kid in the seventies and I too wasn't aware at the time that it had a religious theme. They were nice little morality plays (don't lie, don't steal, don't hurt others) and not a bad thing to teach the kiddies.