What's new

Davey & Goliath Mountain Dew commercial (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Did anybody else see this?
It wasn't original voices or newley created clay animation, but it sure was funny

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
I don't know, Davey...

Seems odd to have the characters of a religious program (even in animated form) pushing commercial products. Doesn't that seem self-defeating? Art Clokey's other famous duo, Gumby and Pokey would work better...

Now, Alf, on the other hand, I can have fun with. He's back - and not in Pog form(!)

Hmm...my spider senses are telling me that I can expect to have contributed to a closed thread...

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I was shocked to see this one. I used to watch this show as a kid, somewhat unaware of it's religious background. It was funny from a nostalgic perspective to see the characters in a significantly different situation. I'm still amazed they got clearance. Money will buy a lot of things...

David Paymer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Paymer
I saw the advert, it was pretty funny. I fondly remember watching the duo as a kid in the seventies and I too wasn't aware at the time that it had a religious theme. They were nice little morality plays (don't lie, don't steal, don't hurt others) and not a bad thing to teach the kiddies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks