What's new

Dario Argento Film Tournament (1 Viewer)

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
Phenomena - 4 Votes
Demons - 0 Votes
Phenomena not surpirsingly beats Demons and that ends the first round. Second round should be more interesting.
Second Round: Match 1
The Bird With The Crystal Plumage
vs.
Cat O' Nine Tails

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Love Bird, on most days it's my fav Argento, but I haven't seen Cat O' Nine Tails.

Matt, Demons was kind of fun in a bad horror movie way, but Demons 2 stunk so bad it tainted the series. Kind of like Halloween 4-infinity.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
The Bird With The Crystal Plumage
Matt, Demons was kind of fun in a bad horror movie way, but Demons 2 stunk so bad it tainted the series. Kind of like Halloween 4-infinity.
Demons 2 might've tainted the series, but then they made The Church which made the series straight to hell in a handbasket. :)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I didn't realize The Church was another Demons sequel.
It's original title was Demons 3 (IIRC) and it follows a lot of the similarties of the previous two films, such as having large group of people being locked up in a large building, but I don't know if was meant to be a true sequel or not (I'm guessing not since there were no mentions made to the first films like how there was one in Demons 2).

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
Bird With The Crystal Plumage - 2 Votes
Cat O' Nine Tails - 0 Votes
I'm going to go ahead and advance Bird with only 2 votes because I doubt they'll be another one.
Second Round: Match 2
Deep Red
vs.
The Stendhal Syndrome

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Deep Red bigtime. It stands with Suspiria and Bird as my 3 favorites, on a higher tier than the rest.
As a father, Dario directing Asia in multiple rape scenes really creeps me out. For me, it's easily his worst film and the only one I don't like, but I haven't seen any of his other 90's movies that have even weaker reputations.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
As a father, Dario directing Asia in multiple rape scenes really creeps me out.
Dario is one of the most disturbing individuals I've ever heard of. Just look at that Dario's world of horror or something. I don't remember the title, Wes Ray showed it to me one day, and I was never the same. :laugh:

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
Deep Red - 2 Votes
The Stendhal Syndrome - 0 Votes
Deep Red advances on and this is where competition gets better.
Second Round: Match 3
Suspiria
vs.
Phenomena
I vote for Suspiria

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
Suspiria - 4 Votes
Phenomena - 2 Votes
Phenomena is gone and were really starting to eliminate ones I wouldn't like to see gone. This next match is gonna be the closest yet.
Second Round: Match 4
Inferno
vs.
Tenebre
I vote for Inferno

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
My internet connection was a bit screwed up for the last couple of days so that's why I haven't been here. Anywho, we need atleast one more vote because we got a tie with 2 votes!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks