What's new

Dancing With The Stars Season 24 (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The new cast for season 24 was announced today. As with recent seasons, this cast didn't raise too much controversy to me. The new season starts March 20th.

Simone Biles
and Sasha Farber
Bonner Bolton
and Sharna Burgess
Charo
and Keo Motsepe
Erika Jayne and Artem Chigvintsev
Rashad Jennings
and Emma Slater
Chris Kattan
and Witney Carson
Nancy Kerrigan
and Artem Chigvintsev
Normani Kordei
and Val Chmerkovskiy
Heather Morris
and Maksim Chemkovskiy
Mr. T
and Kym Herjavec (formerly Johnson)
David Ross
and Lindsay Arnold
Nick Viall
and Peta Murgatroyd

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I didn't realize Kym Johnson married her former dance partner Robert Herjavic of Shark Tank. That must be a first on the show.

Richard M S

Screenwriter
I actually recognized 6 of the names (Mr. T, Charo, Heather Morris, Nancy Kerrigan, Chris Kattan, and Simone Biles) which has to be a record for me for recent seasons.

DaveHof3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Poor Keo - likely first to go home again.
Heather Morris is an obvious ringer, but if Biles competes as well as previous gymnasts on the show (Laurie Hernandez and Shawn Johnson both won, Aly Raisman and Nastia Liukin made the finals) - she could make it interesting.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Heather is a professional dancer and choreographer. She and Maks should turn out some amazing routines.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Heather is a professional dancer and choreographer. She and Maks should turn out some amazing routines.

Unless it turns out one of them breaks an ankle, the competition is done. Nobody can beat them. There may be some "sympathy" vote for another couple, but technically, they are far ahead of all the others. :banana:

Stan

Senior HTF Member
But we don't even know if Heather Morris can handle ballroom dancing... :D :D :D
Kind of amazed she's doing this. She can out-dance everybody on the show.

Watched it years ago with my mother, she loved it. She has passed on, but I'm going to give this season a try.

And can you believe Charo?. The woman is almost 75 years old. Sure there's been some surgery, massive makeup and hair dye, but wow, she's amazing.

Last edited:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
After the first round...

Simone Biles
and Sasha Farber - Probably the one to beat
Bonner Bolton
and Sharna Burgess - not impressed
Charo
and Keo Motsepe - She gonna beat Bruno's ass..
Erika Jayne and Artem Chigvintsev - middle of the pack
Rashad Jennings
and Emma Slater - pretty slick dancer
Chris Kattan
and Witney Carson - not long for this season
Nancy Kerrigan
and Artem Chigvintsev - hasn't aged in 20 years, still graceful
Normani Kordei
and Val Chmerkovskiy - could stay around for a while
Heather Morris
and Maksim Chemkovskiy - hope she can pick up ballroom
Mr. T
and Kym Herjavec (formerly Johnson) - T for Terrible
David Ross
and Lindsay Arnold - Surprising, but latin dances will reveal weakness
Nick Viall
and Peta Murgatroyd - just ugh. #TryingTooHard

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Nice summation Patrick. I would have to agree with your assessment.

Chris Kattan might get away with that dance on the first week because of that Saturday Night Live skit. But he has to do more. Poor Witney.

And Mr. T didn't seem to show any ability to dance yet. I kinda figured he might have surprised us.

Charo is a wild one. I wasn't sure if she was joking or serious about attacking Bruno.

I don't know who Erika Jayne is or have seen her show. I only caught a glimpse of her intro package and she sounded like a real piece of work. I didn't like her at all. Reminded me of the Burger Girl from a few seasons ago. She just doesn't seem like an audience pleaser. Maybe my impression is wrong.

Simone, Nancy and Rashad were all good.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Too bad for Whitney, Chris Kattan got the boot. He certainly wasn't going to be able to dance as well as the others, but I thought Mr. T was worse. Chris had a disability to over come. Perhaps Mr. T is next.

Charo is still a wild one.

DaveHof3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Crazy elimination last night. Did Heather's professional dance experience bring her down? That the Bachelor dude and David Ross are still there while she's been voted out makes absolutely no sense.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I was going to post about the boys against the girls competition segment. That was pretty good stuff. Both teams did some good work.

About the elimination, for some reason, it didn't bother me. I felt worse for Maks who worked hard to recover from his calf injury. Heather never clicked with me, so it was more about personality perhaps. I saw some comments from people who felt because she was a professional dancer, she shouldn't have been invited. I can see that attitude, but I also see that her style of dance may not mean she's going to be able to handle ballroom dancing. Though she was a very good dancer. To be honest, I'm not sure why, but I did watch last night, but I don't remember her routine! And I know it was a perfect score. I must have missed that segment. Even though they scored well, it's often the case that the eliminated dancers had much improved that week and were scored from the week before.

Dave, I agree, those other stars you named were candidates to go.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Crazy elimination last night. Did Heather's professional dance experience bring her down? That the Bachelor dude and David Ross are still there while she's been voted out makes absolutely no sense.
Frankly, among the female contestants that were up for elimination, I felt it should have came down to Simone Biles or Nancy Kerrigan. In my opinion, neither have even came close to living up to their potential! It's eliminations like last night's that I think the viewers collectively don't have a clue, but that's just my opinion! It didn't help that TWO of the top dancers were on the chopping block with Normani Kordei, who I also felt Len Goodman robbed of a perfect score! RIDICULOUS!!

Where in the shows rules does it say that dance pros are strictly forbidden? Obviously, DWTS had no issue with Heather Morris's previous dance experience, and neither did the studio audience who let out a roaring chorus of boos at the news of her elimination!

OK, this week is done. On to the next!

CHEERS! :)

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I gave up on this show a couple seasons ago when the old race car guy kept getting sent through and better dancers voted out.

I record it for my wife who still likes to watch.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's elimination of Simone seems like an Oscar moment where Bergeron read the wrong card.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Tonight's elimination of Simone seems like an Oscar moment where Bergeron read the wrong card.
Simone was the second contestant this season to be eliminated right after PERFECT score dancing - TWO in her case!

She obviously had the same issue as Heather Morris; somewhat lacking in the fan base.

David Ross, on the other hand, probably had the vote of millions of Cub fans, still giddy over winning their first World Series since the first Model T's rolled off the assembly line, not to mention a significant portion of Red Sox nation. Heck, he IS very likeable and just the sort that people tend to root for!

That said, my (Fake) money is on Normani Kordei to win the DWTS Mirror Ball next Tuesday. She has the fan base, AND extreme mad dancing skills; plus Normani has never had to be told to put some emotion into her dance routines! The way I see it, it's hers to lose!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
With Maksim leaving, one of their best dancers, I basically gave up. And then I've been reading they dumped Heather Morris? Really? That woman could out-dance anybody on the show. Kind of like "Survivor", some of the best people get voted out, leaving the C and D list to compete.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
With Maksim leaving, one of their best dancers, I basically gave up. And then I've been reading they dumped Heather Morris? Really? That woman could out-dance anybody on the show. Kind of like "Survivor", some of the best people get voted out, leaving the C and D list to compete.
However, unlike SURVIVOR (Which I NEVER watch, but that's a whole other subject!), the "Tribal Council" on DWTS doesn't get the entire say. Sometimes, the viewers collectively get it wrong when voting on the entertainment based competitions; that's unfortunately just the way it rolls.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks