What's new

Dancing With The Stars - Season 27 September 24th (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I almost forgot to set up a thread for the new season of Dancing With The Stars, Season 27. Starts September 24th Monday. Hosts Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews returns. The returning judges are Carrie Ann Inaba, Len Goodman, and Bruno Tonioli.

Looks like a two night premiere with an elimination on Tuesday. The Hough's did not return this season, who are onto better things. The cast is mostly unknowns to me. I'm familiar with Mary Lou Retton and Nancy McKeon and John
Schneider.

(looks like my efforts to format a clean chart failed again, excuse the miss-mash)

Celebrity - Notable for - Professional

Alexis Ren - Model & Social media - Alan Bersten

Bobby Bones - Radio Personality - Sharna Burgess

Danelle Umstead - Paralympic Skier - Artem Chigvintsev

DeMarcus Ware - Former NFL Lineback - Lindsey Arnold

Evanna Lynch - Harry Potter Actress - Keo Motsepe

Joe Amabile - Reality TV Star - Jenna Johnson

John Schneider - Actor, Country Singer - Emma Slater

Juan Pablo Di Pace - Fuller House actor - Cheryl Burke

Mary Lou Retton - Former Olumpic gymnast - Saha Farber

Milo Manheim - Actor, Singer - Witney Carson

Nancy McKeon - Actress - Valentin Chmerkovskiy

Nikki Glaser - Comedian, Podcast host - Gleb Savchenko

Tinashe - Singer-songwriter - Brandon Armstrong

DaveHof3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
The names you mentioned are the only names I recognized as well, plus DeMarcus Ware. Celebrities emerge from different places than they used to.
There were several impressive week one performances, which is a good sign for an entertaining season. My enthusiasm for DWTS isn't what it used to be, but I know I'd miss it if it were gone. These days I just focus on the dances and the rehearsal packages, and mute the rest.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The premiere was pretty high quality as usual. Will be tough to guess who goes tonight. But the lowest scoring couple is likely. I missed a couple of the dances in the last half hour but saw the last dance.

What was hard to fathom was the blind dancer, how she can move. Pretty amazing effort with how they managed to make that work.

DaveHof3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Very impressed that Mary Lou Retton can still do a full split at 50. I need to hit the gym.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
No,not the kid dancers!!!

I knew about 3-4 of the "stars". Not sure if I can hang in there this season...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Those kid dancers might be one of the creepiest things I’ve ever seen on tv.
Just so weird.
Children that age shouldn’t be dancing like that and wearing those costumes.

I won’t watch a second of that.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Ha, ha! There was so much filler in the second episode, I wasn’t watching the screen, so when the kid dancers were on, I didn’t even look. Glad I missed it. The right person I thought was eliminated first.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
This week when Joe Amabile and Jenna Johnson did their trio, I just couldn’t watch after a while. That was terrible!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This week when Joe Amabile and Jenna Johnson did their trio, I just couldn’t watch after a while. That was terrible!

Jordan didn't help things either, but he's that un-self-aware guy with the confrontation streak who makes most viewers just roll their eyes most of the times. Sadly the one who could dance got sent home from a lack of popularity vs. Joe the inelegant dancing grocer who stays due to Bachelor Nation. #SMH

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I didn’t see that ending coming. I really thought it should have been Juan Pablo. Or Alexis or Milo. As Ted Bergeron said, it really was a win by the people.

DaveHof3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Better dancers with smaller fanbases are voted off too soon almost every season, but this is the first time that a celebrity that was arguably the second-weakest dancer in the entire cast won the show anyway.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Sure Dave, the fan base is who keeps you on the show. As you said though, this is a first.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks