What's new

ABC Dancing with the Stars season 30 (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The thirtieth season of Dancing with the Stars cast was revealed today. The new season begins on September 20th.

The controversial host Tyra Banks is back and judges Len Goodman, Derek Hough, Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli are back.
  • Country singer Jimmie Allen
  • Spice Girls member Mel C
  • "Bling Empire" cast member Christine Chiu
  • Actress Melora Hardin
  • YouTuber Olivia Jade Giannulli
  • "The Bachelor" star Matt James
  • "The Talk" co-host Amanda Kloots
  • Actor Martin Kove
  • Olympic medalist Suni Lee
  • Professional wrestler and reality star Mike "The Miz" Mizanin
  • "Real Housewives of Atlanta" cast member Kenya Moore
  • Peloton instructor Cody Rigsby
  • Actor Brian Austin Green
  • Singer and YouTube personality JoJo Siwa
  • Professional basketball player and reality star Iman Shumpert
Do we care anymore? The decision to replace Tom Bergeron still stings. ABC really made an effort to promote the new season and cast on Good Morning America today at Disneyland with Robin Robert’s and Lara Spencer flown out to Southern California for the announcement. So they must still have high expectations for the season. I’ll probably watch more or less.

Last edited:

GlennC

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn
I won’t be watching. I just can’t get past the loss of Tom Bergeron.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I watched most of the premiere tonight, I missed some of the dancers in the middle, and came back when Martin Kove was up.

Tyra Banks is doing the show her way, so it’s the way it is. I noticed something maybe more so this season, that it appears the producers are making the focus on the stars more so by not introducing the stars with the pros. I imagine maybe the pro’s in the past got a lot of the attention and became stars too.

I see they are allowing an audience this season, but they are masked.

My guess is Martin Kove will be the first to go.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
If anyone’s interested.

News that Cheryl Burke has tested positive for Covid from a break through infection. She’s fully vaccinated. Her partner Cody Rigsby‘s test has not come back yet. he’ll go on with a back-up pro.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Cody and Cheryl survived elimination on the strength of their rehearsal dance that was recorded and used to judge their dance by. Cheryl is still home quarantined and Cody will carry on with a back-up pro. Though I’d think Cody might have to be in quarantine for a while too just in case.

I was surprised Christine Chiu was in the bottom two. I don’t know who she is or what her show is like. Maybe she doesn’t have any fans. I also don’t know or care who The Miz is, but I like to see that Whitney is back. And I didn’t know they would let a couple be able to compete so I didn’t know Brian Austin Green and Sharna are a couple. So they might have a better connection.

As I guessed, Martin Kove was the first to go. He just either cannot dance, or his body is not able to move more. I suspect it was the latter and I have to wonder if his heart was really into it.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I watched the first show.
That’s probably gonna be it this season.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Last night saw how Covid has impacted the show. Derek was sidelined as judge because he was exposed to a Covid, and out of an abundance of caution, he didn’t appear. That probably made the show go faster without a 4th judge.

We saw Cheryl and Cody dance from their homes because they are both positive for Covid. But being vaccinated, they were feeling well enough to perform.

Voted off was Christine Chiu. i don’t really know who she is, or have since Bling Empire. She gives off a vibe that’s entitled. I have a feeling she might have put audiences off even though her dance wasn’t bad.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I caught the finale last night and I’m glad the winner and this season‘s champion was Iman and partner Daniella. I thought he was quite the underdog and unexpected.

The two seemingly more likely to win dancers JoJo and Cody fell short. I felt JoJo was over doing it in her performances and pushing her agenda. I was not a fan. But I liked Cody because he and Cheryl had to fight back from having Covid. And Amanda also fell short.

Derek could not judge this week as he caught Covid again and self quarantined. So his sister took over as a judge.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks