What's new

Dad needs new 32" (1 Viewer)

Francisco_C

Agent
My dad needs a 32" with anamorphic squeeze. His budget is $500. He would like component inputs if possible...please help possible christmas present...thanks

TimG

Second Unit
I think the only 32" with the "squeeze" on the remote is a JVC. But it is also about $800. Sony's also do the "squeeze" automatically, but they are around $900. I think he is going to need to up his budget a little. There was talk about a Curtis Manthis (K-Mart) that did it, but haven't heard anything about that set in a few months. Samsung used to make one, non-flat screen, but they discontinued it. Do a search and see what you come up with.

TimG

Chris Rosene

Second Unit
Don't let the others discourage you. I've got this TV here and it has component inputs and does the squeeze from the remote. At $328 it is an absolute steal.

TimG

Second Unit
Holy crap, the elusive Samsung. :D I thought these were all but extinct. Haven't seen one for a long time. Of course if you don't have a store around you it does you little good.
TimG

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
K-Mart sold a Curtis-Mathes brand TV that had the "squeeze" for about $500. I think it was a 32"; no idea about the remote. Your options for 32" TV with 16:9 mode for

Chris Rosene

Second Unit
Holy crap, the elusive Samsung. I thought these were all but extinct. Haven't seen one for a long time. Of course if you don't have a store around you it does you little good.
The American TV warehouse has at least 30 of these is stock and they do ship.

Here is their policy: American can ship your UPSable product anywhere within the United States. Your shopping cart will reflect the cost of shipping to you. Rest assured that this cost will be no more than the cost UPS charges plus $1.50 for our handling. However, in many cases, your shipping cost will be LESS or even FREE due to discounts we are able to pass along to you on certain products.

I'm not sure if this falls in the UPSable category or not. If somebody really wants one, I can assist in getting one if necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks