What's new

Crusher's 'aging' on TNG... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
After just watching Season 1, and seeing a TNN episode from Season 7, the difference in McFaddens face is almost disturbing. I hate to say it, but it's almost as if she looks diseased, or thinner in someway. I just can't explain it.

It also seems like her Starfleet Uniform seems to have gotten, uhh....tighter, heh..

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Well she's older...

But she might have gotten the Hollywood Syndrome: "lose weight until you're so skinny you look sick, then get fake boobs".

/Mike

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Her cheeks did appear sunken. But, frankly, I kind of like that look. Gates is one sexy woman, IMO.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
I have always found her appealing... unlike Troi who I grew to worship. In the last movie whe was outstanding!!! I always hated it when she had her hair up in a bun.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Everyone in the cast has grown markedly older. It'll be great to see them in a few months in their fourth movie :). I think more importantly their talent has grown over the years working on the show.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
That this cast enjoys working with each other--and that they are friends--was so apparent and it rubbed off on their work, making them an easy and welcome bunch to invite into our homes every week (and again and again now that TNG is on DVD). That ensemble spirit is a major reason for TNG's success.

And, yeah, I really, really am attracted to Gates.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Gates is extremely HOT! And, in person, she is not all THAT skinny.
What about Michelle Forbes? I always thought she was pretty tasty...:)

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
I agree with you on Forbes - yum!
But I was totally captivated by Ashley Judd,even though she was only in 2 episodes.
And one upcoming Trek film :D
Calvin

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>>But I was totally captivated by Ashley Judd,even though she was only in 2 episodes.

And one upcoming Trek film >>>

Hehe, same here. She still looks great, but strangley enough not as good as she did in those two eps. She's in #10 too? Gee, it really is a Trek reunion film.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, Jack and me do have some interesting congruencies about Life. I agree with him about Gates. :)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
And a big thumbs up on Michelle Forbes, too. I totally agree. She's my favorite Bajoran of all time. And Riker shoulda stuck with her after everybody's memory returned. (Quick! Name the episode!)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Here's what you're looking for about Gates: she had a baby in and around Season 4. Afterward, she went nuts to lose the baby weight, and ended up below where she started out. It was kinda common knowledge at the time, but everyone's probably forgotten.
I too was hot for her, until she came to town for a Convention. I don't think she realized how condescending she appeared to be to the "hicks", as she seemed to think of Memphians. The audience started off quite pleasant, and then we all got rather quiet as she talked more and more and the jokes fell flatter and flatter. She finally said "oooookay", after no response to one rude-sounding joke, and moved on to the next portion of the presentation. All of this in 5-10 minutes, IIRC.
I had sort of convinced myself that it was my view, and that it hadn't really happened that way, until years later I ran into another Trekker who'd been at the same con, and he described it the exact same way with no prompting from me!
In the end, I still think she's hot, with Tasha, Ro, and Troi just behind. BTW, Guinan's not even on the scope! :laugh:

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
And is this true that she was a lead puppeteer with the Jim Henson studio? I remember to see her on a behind-the-scene DVD, maybe Labyrinth and was shocked to see someone like her! I was very impressed!

Glenn L

Stunt Coordinator
David, you're not the only one with an experience like that.
A few months ago she came to an SF bay area convention. The gf and I sat for an hour watching first a group of older ladies who were all in one or more episodes of classic trek (and it was entertaining to hear their stories), and then some girl who was an extra or something from Xena (and boy was that painful) while waiting to see Gates.
We left five minutes after she got on stage. She made several unfunny jokes, then proceeded to get upset (not angry, though) at the guy who was working the camera for the projection behind her because "no one is supposed to take pictures". You'd think her own face on the projection screen right behind her would be some kind of give-away.
Up until that convention she was one of my favorite Trek stars.

Geoffrey_A

Second Unit
I don't know if gates was a puppeteer at Henson, she may have been. She was the choreographer on Labyrinth though. For the longest time I assumed it had to be a twin sister, as her subtitle read Cheryl McFadden, it wasn't until some years later that I discovered that Cheryl was actually her real first name. Kinda neat. Seems a number of sci-fi actors have been involved with the muppets, Danny John-Jules was one of the fire-gang in Labyrinth, I was suprised to find that out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks