What's new

crossover freq help (1 Viewer)

I need help, or suggestions w/ my crossover frequency.

I have:
- Marantz SR-7000 reciever
- Sound Dynamics RTS-9s mains (dual 6.5" + tweeter)
- Sound Dynamics C-2 center (dual 5.25" + tweeter)
- Paradigm Mini Monitors rear (6.5" + tweeter)
- Velodyne SPL-1200 sub

The reciever has a fixed crossover of 100Hz. Currently I have everything set to small and the sub crossover off so that its basically set to 100Hz off the reciever. All information 100Hz and below gets routed to the sub ....

Do you think it would be better to run the mains as large and then use the sub crossover at some frequency, something like 65Hz or so?

In doing this I think the sub only gets information from a true LFE channel after that. I would have to swap the sub to get its information from the R+L outputs and set the reciever setup to "NO" sub.

Thanks ....

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
What sub? Most subs have a fixed high-pass for their speaker outputs, and it may be the same or worse than what you have.

Your sub gets true LFE right now, since LFE is a separate track from low bass information that is redirected via bass management. If you want true adjustabilty, you will want something like an ICBM.

The way you have it now is the best with what you have.

When I had my Minis and an SR6200, which was also fixed at 100Hz, it sounded fine to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks